• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

HAwkmoon

Reaction score
There's a fair amount of stuff out there, but most of the damage just wasn't all that impressive (relatively speaking). The whole path was kinda weird and patchy with a couple small spots of F3+ mixed in. This video has some pretty good shots:

There used to be an interactive map with a bunch of geolocated photos but I think it was down last time I checked. Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine but it's usually hit-or-miss w/that kinda stuff.

Oh also have you got an image of the Mullins home in Jarrell , Vicki Taylor's home and the LaFrances and Igo home. I have seen the Moehring I think. I am asking because I found this interesting map.
1719524352841.png

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
There's a fair amount of stuff out there, but most of the damage just wasn't all that impressive (relatively speaking). The whole path was kinda weird and patchy with a couple small spots of F3+ mixed in. This video has some pretty good shots:

There used to be an interactive map with a bunch of geolocated photos but I think it was down last time I checked. Might be accessible via the Wayback Machine but it's usually hit-or-miss w/that kinda stuff.

Kind of makes sense given the low death toll.

locomusic01

Reaction score
@locomusic01 (sorry for pinging you) By the way, are there any damage photos from Toledo 1965?
These are all from Fuller's Creekside subdivision:

Fdnwxel.jpeg

E0oSwV4.jpeg

xS0xjM4.jpeg

Z2pqIVi.png

WqUaoxk.jpeg

aHtjplV.jpeg

0N4i63M.jpeg

L0MOEcE.jpeg

2r8d63A.png

And Edgewater Drive on the Lost Peninsula:

Tp7rW7H.jpeg

UzLoKhJ.jpeg

JpWaViz.jpeg

Only ones I have that are really worth sharing. I'd like to look for more eventually but haven't yet.

Oh also have you got an image of the Mullins home in Jarrell , Vicki Taylor's home and the LaFrances and Igo home. I have seen the Moehring I think. I am asking because I found this interesting map.
Back when I was working on my article I made a map of where all my photos were taken (minus a handful I couldn't identify), but that was one of the things I lost when my hard drive kicked the bucket. I don't remember enough to match them up anymore. One of many reasons I've been a lot more careful over the years about not only making backups but also keeping everything clearly labeled and organized.

locomusic01

Reaction score
Kind of makes sense given the low death toll.
Yeah, even in the 70s much of the path the tornado took was heavily populated. Had it been a high-end tornado, the death toll could have been awful. On a related note, kind of amazing how close it was to the 1913 path. Less than a mile apart south of I-80.

JWmYhap.png

HAwkmoon

Reaction score
These are all from Fuller's Creekside subdivision:

Fdnwxel.jpeg

E0oSwV4.jpeg

xS0xjM4.jpeg

Z2pqIVi.png

WqUaoxk.jpeg

aHtjplV.jpeg

0N4i63M.jpeg

L0MOEcE.jpeg

2r8d63A.png

And Edgewater Drive on the Lost Peninsula:

Tp7rW7H.jpeg

UzLoKhJ.jpeg

JpWaViz.jpeg

Only ones I have that are really worth sharing. I'd like to look for more eventually but haven't yet.

Back when I was working on my article I made a map of where all my photos were taken (minus a handful I couldn't identify), but that was one of the things I lost when my hard drive kicked the bucket. I don't remember enough to match them up anymore. One of many reasons I've been a lot more careful over the years about not only making backups but also keeping everything clearly labeled and organized.
Understood. Do you know where this is? Is this near the C.& E.I Roundhouse in Frankfort.?1719586123983.jpeg

Logo 468x120
Back