• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat May 7-10, 2024

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
One of those days that if the low level flow was just a bit stronger, it would get very ugly very quickly. I think the expansive nature of the strong instability/sufficient deep layer shear environment with quite a few storms warrants the probabilities issued, since I'd have to imagine at least a few storms will produce tornadoes via boundaries/storm mergers/etc. Greatest concern for me would be across portions of TN and S KY later, although I could see southern MO having some chances in the next few hours as supercells move towards Springfield.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
One of those days that if the low level flow was just a bit stronger, it would get very ugly very quickly. I think the expansive nature of the strong instability/sufficient deep layer shear environment with quite a few storms warrants the probabilities issued, since I'd have to imagine at least a few storms will produce tornadoes via boundaries/storm mergers/etc. Greatest concern for me would be across portions of TN and S KY later, although I could see southern MO having some chances in the next few hours as supercells move towards Springfield.
Yeah any kind of substantial tornado threat is really gonna be dependent on boundaries and mesoscale factors so I totally get the lower probabilities. Any kind of local enhancement of low-level shear could be an issue though.