• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - February 22-23, 2023 (MO, IL, IN)

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I gotta say there's another interesting weather setup coming around the 7-8 day range. With almost a completely zonal flow lol. The weather never stops being interesting around here.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
This day 7-8 very much so reminds me of the January 23rd 2012 event that produced a ef3 in my neck of the woods based on the GFS operational runs; a lot of support by the ensembles as well. Zonal flow and everything, keep a eye on this time period guys

JPWX

Reaction score
All of us the next 2 weeks at least with active weather:
Snow White Coffee GIF

UK_EF4

Reaction score
Anyone else thought whether Dec 15th 2021 may be a possible analogue for this upcoming event? A few differences for sure but about the closest I can think of in my mind at the minute.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
@JBishopwx , you're not the same Jim Bishop who used to chase and run the Stormgasm.com website with Simon Brewer, are you?
Negative. I help run the North Mississippi Storm Chasers pages, occasionally chase, and send our reports to Matt at WTVA. Me and @ashtonlemleywx are on the same chase team.

JPWX

Reaction score
Here's my first early look at Wednesday's threat. At this point in time, this looks to be mainly a damaging wind event with a few isolated tornadoes.

Attachments

• weatherTAP_RadarLab_Image_20230212_1818 (February 19th Updated).jpg
    weatherTAP_RadarLab_Image_20230212_1818 (February 19th Updated).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

MoonBaby

Knew It Would Happen
Reaction score
So happy last week busted but nowwww we are back with another episode of “why the same areas over and over??”
Including the Tuscaloosa area who seems to attract chaos. Still too early to know for sure but we got lucky last week at least.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Coffee wrecks my stomach. I drink Dr.Pepper Zero in the morning and LaCroix/Bubly water the rest of the day.

Great choice on the sparkling water. I’ve resorted to this because sugar is bad for you and the real crave I have is for the carbonation.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Red Bull or try pre workout drink called bulked up bad stuff there
The weird part for me is that I much prefer fountain soda versus canned soda - unless it’s Cactus Cooler, no drink fountain has that :(

I probably drink too much soda (oh wait, my entire family says that too…) but I don’t eat a whole lot throughout the day, and since I work at a warehouse I get plenty of exercise at least…

Back