• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - February 15-16, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
This is probably a worst case scenario if there it a boundary or something on the i59 corridor. They may bump up a moderate for that area. That's truly impressive

F

Former Member 1430

This is probably a worst case scenario if there it a boundary or something on the i59 corridor. They may bump up a moderate for that area. That's truly impressive
Would you mind posting the updraft helicty? Granted it’s not guaranteed that’s where we get tornadoes but I am curious to see what that looks like

F

Former Member 1430

I believe a boundary may have been laid over my area last night unfortunately. We had some nasty storms roll through around 1am

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I believe a boundary may have been laid over my area last night unfortunately. We had some nasty storms roll through around 1am
Boundaries usually move some probably won't be over the same area the storms decayed. A look at satellite imagery and surface maps will help determine that later this morning though.

F

Former Member 1430

Boundaries usually move some probably won't be over the same area the storms decayed. A look at satellite imagery and surface maps will help determine that later this morning though.
That’s part of what concerns me. It didn’t rain very much so the storm did not decay over top of us per se. I’ll be curious to see where those boundaries are later. I don’t think there’s a question that we’re going to have problems today.

Reaction score
I haven't been paying super close attention since I went to sleep and then work, but it doesn't seem like anything too bad has happened overnight. No long-lasting, clear TDSs (although most of the tornado-warned storms have been in horrible radar holes) and no reports of major damage that I know of.

However, you are right, the HRRR is very ominous (surprisingly so, to me) for Alabama and portions of neighboring states this afternoon and has been consistent with that over quite a few runs now. Again at risk of hyperbole, but some of the simulated reflectivity looks disturbingly like a "4/27 lite."

MoonBaby

Knew It Would Happen
Reaction score
Good Morning!
One of those helicity tracks goes directly over my house. I know they aren’t gospel and doesn’t mean it will be right there, but sometimes those tracks verify (at least sorta close anyways to the prediction at least). Definitely a hang out in the storm shelter day for us if anything develops. Y’all stay safe

Back