• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat April 7-10, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah it was rather loud there for a few minutes. West of the largest hail core but a pretty good hail shower with some gusty wind. Very very vigorous storm

20210409_131157~2.jpg

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
That’s some of the worst hail I’ve had in a long time. Most of it was pea sized, but some did get up to quarter-ish size from what I could tell. It was falling at a tremendous rate for about a minute.

I thought we were going to get some of that, but the storm stayed south of us. Now I'm watching this storm in Northern Walker and wondering if it may track almost due east based on the polygon.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Nasty hail core in the Walker County storm.

KN4Ruxf.png

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the ongoing discussion but found this on the updated SPC LSRs from Wednesday:

02523 S MARKSVILLE AVOYELLES LA31089205AN EF1 TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN AT THE CHARTER SCHOOL ... DAMAGING SOME OF THE EXTERIOR WALLS. SEVERAL ROOFS OF OUTSIDE BALLFIELDS WERE DESTROYED. MANY TREES WERE SNAPPED OR UPROOTED NEAR OLD RIVER ROAD EAST OF THE SCHOOL. (LCH)

So that highly suspicious reflectivity hook/couplet DID produce something despite the lack of an obvious TDS.

Back