• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
The 01z mesoanalysis for OKC still shows an impressive parameter space as we head into the evening hours, but it remains to be seen if anything else develops. So far, the day has had a few impressive spin-ups but nothing maintained long-term and nothing crazy it seems.

Reaction score
The 01z mesoanalysis for OKC still shows an impressive parameter space as we head into the evening hours, but it remains to be seen if anything else develops. So far, the day has had a few impressive spin-ups but nothing maintained long-term and nothing crazy it seems.
Yeah.. what good is a roaring LLJ if there isn’t a primed cell in place to even take advantage of it. Think I’m going to call it a night on this one

Last edited:

Tennie

Reaction score
The latest HRRR run shows things dying down fairly quickly overnight. I'll let you make of that what you will.

rushdude

Reaction score
Is there a possibility of any surprises for north TX? Feels like the heat hasn't gone away here (my weather app says temp here is 86°F)
There hasn't been a drop of rain since yesterday

Reaction score
Southern OK storm (the one that would have been most likely to produce a significant tornado in that area) is getting that skinny, anemic look like it's about to be snuffed out by capping. Ought to have a pretty structure as that happens, anyway.

SPC was wise to hold off on the high risk given what happened today was pretty well picked up on by models overnight and this morning. When all is said and done the 15 hatch/PDS designation and probabilities on the watch might even prove to have been a bit much, but given the potential had everything gone right for the storms I won't quibble about that.

It was something to watch the big failure mode for this setup go from "Will any storms fire?" to "Will splits and outflow interactions mess up the environment?" in pretty much one model cycle.

Last edited:
Logo 468x120
Back