• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5/25-5/26, 2024

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Not to derail from what we’re talking about now, but doesn’t Sunday also have nasty potential too? These two days look like they have the chance to be historic.
Sunday has looked ugly for a while, and for a time, it looked like the more sure fire day of the two this weekend. Sunday's outcome will be determined by what happens Saturday overnight into Sunday morning and just how organized the low-level jet is. But if things cooperate, there could very well be a MDT+ type tornado event on Sunday as well as a ceiling for that day.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
Not to derail from what we’re talking about now, but doesn’t Sunday also have nasty potential too? These two days look like they have the chance to be historic.
I'm pretty sure it could be, yeah. I don't think to the same extent as tomorrow, but potentially historic for the region.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
Rest of the 00z CAMs are not nearly as impressive as the HRRR btw. Early initiation and the moisture getting suppressed south seems to be a common theme on them.
Moisture suppressed south compared to last night's data was even a thing on the HRRR. It's definitely not a full blown guarantee just yet.

brianc33710

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Given TWC knows in advance this will get bad, I bet they stay on air tomorrow. Last Sunday wasn't as certain until later in the day. Tomorrow could be historic.

Reaction score
The SPC's reasoning for not issuing a D2 high was storm coverage.

Looking at the HRRR, I don't think storm coverage will be a problem anymore.
See Andy’s comment. HRRR is a bit of an outlier so far amongst the CAMS with regards to that much coverage and initiation. Will have to see if the others follow suit over the next runs.

Logo 468x120
Back