• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 4/25-4/26, 2024 - (Thursday, Friday)

Reaction score
I don’t want this post to come across as melodramatic. And I know debris ball doesn’t always correlate with tornado intensity, but outside of 4/27/11 and as many years as I’ve been following weather, I can’t really recall a time this many individual storms have kicked up nasty debris balls like this.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Damage photos coming in from Pleasant Hill. Lots of trees down but doesn’t look as awful as some of the other damage scenes we’ve seen today

Attachments

• IMG_7127.jpeg
    IMG_7127.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7126.jpeg
    IMG_7126.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 0

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's been eerily quiet in the western parts of Bennington and Blair, NE. Those areas got hit hard, if the radar returns were any indication. Could mean they were not as hard hit as the radar returns let on, or the damage is really that bad...

edit: Oops, wrong thread. Mods please move as necessary.

Last edited:

Brice W

Reaction score
TH2002 made a mention about how western parts of Blaire and Bennington have been eerily quiet. Mentioned that the damage isn’t that bad, or it could be really bad that they can’t even get pics in right now. I say a little bit of both, no cell service to get any pictures taken and put them on social media. Also hinting that some of the damage isn’t really worthy of posting. Now the bad side of all this(even tho not any of this is good but this is the worst for what I’m about say.) That tornado had winds at 202 knots, that is 230 mph winds at or around 300. Well inside this EF5 range. That being said, this tornado definitely had EF5 winds, in my opinion and I know we’re on a drought of “the EF5.” We tend to say “oh well this tornado will do it” and then it doesn’t end up being an EF5. However I’m thinking there’s plenty of hot takes, of what could be, not saying it will, but this tornado, at its highest peak, hit a exceptionally well-constructed home, may just give us an EF5? We’ll have to find out for sure in the coming days.

Reaction score
TH2002 made a mention about how western parts of Blaire and Bennington have been eerily quiet. Mentioned that the damage isn’t that bad, or it could be really bad that they can’t even get pics in right now. I say a little bit of both, no cell service to get any pictures taken and put them on social media. Also hinting that some of the damage isn’t really worthy of posting. Now the bad side of all this(even tho not any of this is good but this is the worst for what I’m about say.) That tornado had winds at 202 knots, that is 230 mph winds at or around 300. Well inside this EF5 range. That being said, this tornado definitely had EF5 winds, in my opinion and I know we’re on a drought of “the EF5.” We tend to say “oh well this tornado will do it” and then it doesn’t end up being an EF5. However I’m thinking there’s plenty of hot takes, of what could be, not saying it will, but this tornado, at its highest peak, hit a exceptionally well-constructed home, may just give us an EF5? We’ll have to find out for sure in the coming days.
I think there were so many places hit today, it’s going to take some time for all the damage pictures to trickle in to give us a full picture of each tornado’s intensity.

buckeye05

Reaction score
I can’t make heads or tails of the point you’re trying to make, but I will say as monstrous as it looked, I’ve seen nothing to indicate EF5 damage so far, contextually, structurally or otherwise.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not sure where exactly this is, but a Facebook follower sent this in the Lake Bennington area. FB_IMG_1714188036296.jpg

Back