• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat 4/2/17-4/3/17

Reaction score
The northern end of the line looks elevated in nature. IF that is the case, not sure why there are tor warnings....
Good bit of damage coming in on the Paulding storm. Nothing severe yet, just trees and power lines.

Tight couplet on the Fulton storm now.

Last edited:

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That couplet near Eufaula needs a warning immediately.

Tornado warning for the city of Columbus.

k0skinne

Reaction score
In Carrollton, GA. Worst has pushed through. I am located on a high point in Carrollton on east side of town, and did not observe anything too rough. but have heard that there are some damage reports in downtown of Carrollton. There are some power outages. Hearing that it is relatively bad in Carrollton.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That couplet near Eufaula needs a warning immediately.

Tornado warning for the city of Columbus.
My company has a plant there. One of the tech's just sent me a message that it was really bad there and the power had just went out. Watching that cell closely

Reaction score
Fulton cell has broadened. Classic QLCS event for North and Central Georgia. Mesovortices wrap up and weaken quickly. Decent straight line wind threat. We're getting a lot of tree and power line damage now.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Numerous trees and power lines down in southern Lumpkin. Had a CC spike along with a quick bow out of the line in that area. Lasted a couple frames then moved on. Hard to say if the CC spike was noise or not but it moved along with the broad rotation.

Reaction score
Numerous trees and power lines down in southern Lumpkin. Had a CC spike along with a quick bow out of the line in that area. Lasted a couple frames then moved on. Hard to say if the CC spike was noise or not but it moved along with the broad rotation.

I wanna say I saw a report out of White County reporting numerous trees down as well. I'm assuming it was associated with the same cell.

Reaction score
It's still ongoing, but quite a significant damaging wind/QLCS tornado event has occured over the majority of FFC's CWA. Supercell and isolated tornado threat should be increasing across the remainder of East Georgia and into South Carolina.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They've already evacuated a good number of people from Augusta National from what I've heard.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanna say I saw a report out of White County reporting numerous trees down as well. I'm assuming it was associated with the same cell.

Yeah it moved up that way. I have a lot of friends/family in that area and haven't heard much out of White County.

Attachments

• dahlonega1.png
    dahlonega1.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 8

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
You just have to love the personality some of the forecasters at the NWS put into their Forecasts. Statement in an Area Forecast Discussion today: "The gravy train of systems continues this week, with one intervening
day of nice weather on Tuesday."

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm thinking the timing of these storms is what helped Alabama, I really didn't think GA was going to have such a time. Y'all continue to stay safe!!

Reaction score
QLCS looks rather impressive off KJGX with several embedded supercells apparent. Storms developing ahead of the line may also intensify as per SPC watch and preceding MD. *May* be a TDS associated with the middle storm SW of Sandersville.

Regarding yesterday's event, I still have yet to see much in the way of damage reports from the most impressive real-time tornadic radar signature of the day, the Jena area storm, other than one "wind damage" report out of Midway.

It sounds like the towns lucked out, to the extent of escaping violent tornado damage, but I have to believe it was on the ground for some time and hit at least a few structures in/near the Fellowship community south/southwest of Jena and Midway. The TDS was massive for several scans.

*Edit: As I typed, that middle QLCS storm got a TORR for "radar confirmed," and one of the cells out ahead of it went tornado warned.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The couplet just southwest of Waynesboro (very near my elementary school) has strengthened a fair amount on that last scan.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Radar presentation approaching Sandersville really impressive.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
QLCS looks rather impressive off KJGX with several embedded supercells apparent. Storms developing ahead of the line may also intensify as per SPC watch and preceding MD. *May* be a TDS associated with the middle storm SW of Sandersville.

Regarding yesterday's event, I still have yet to see much in the way of damage reports from the most impressive real-time tornadic radar signature of the day, the Jena area storm, other than one "wind damage" report out of Midway.

It sounds like the towns lucked out, to the extent of escaping violent tornado damage, but I have to believe it was on the ground for some time and hit at least a few structures in/near the Fellowship community south/southwest of Jena and Midway. The TDS was massive for several scans.

*Edit: As I typed, that middle QLCS storm got a TORR for "radar confirmed," and one of the cells out ahead of it went tornado warned.

Confirmed tornado near Sandersville.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Cells ahead of line rapidly looking more and more impressive. We might have more tornado reports today than yesterday at this rate.

Back