• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat 2/6/17-2/8/17

CSimonds

Reaction score
day1otlk_1630.gif

Wow - the SPC has DRASTICALLY changed the Day 1 Outlook.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

stormcentral

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At 1119 AM CST, a confirmed large and extremely dangerous tornado was located near East New Orleans, moving east at 20 mph. This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW! HAZARD...Damaging tornado. SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado. IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes, businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction is possible. Locations impacted include... New Orleans, East New Orleans and Lakefront Airport.

Sent from my LGLS770 using TalkWeather mobile app

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow, the area just north of Baton Rouge has been under several tornado warnings today. I think with the one now, that is the third tornado warning for Baker, LA.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
C4FDTmLW8AAJ3Ia.jpg

That was a BEAST on radar

I located that debris signature on Google earth. It looks like it hit Michoud and Read Boulevard West. So so so many houses and buildings in that area. I mean so many!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I located that debris signature on Google earth. It looks like it hit Michoud and Read Boulevard West. So so so many houses and buildings in that area. I mean so many!

Hmm. I've worked at Michoud Assembly Facility.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Suffice to say, I did not expect something like this today!

At least one of the storms west of New Orleans also had an apparent confirmed tornado a bit ago, and I thought I picked up a debris signature briefly. There will be multiple confirmed tornadoes today, and I suspect a couple will have been fairly strong. A little surprising.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tornado Warning for Livingston, St. Helena, and Tangipahoa Parish in LA until 12:30pm CST.

Back