• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather 2024

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NWS Pittsburgh hold off on the radar comfrim. Was some indication of a false CC drop.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I will give NWS North Platte one thing - I do think they are doing a respectable job at handling the survey. Nice detailed explanations on the DAT and fair ratings so far.

Still, if they haven't done it already, they need to release a public statement admitting their mistake on failing to warn a significant tornado.

Maxis_s

Reaction score
That is strange I would think that would be lower than high-end EF3. If it was glued to the foundation I would say low-end EF3 as the back part of the house is still standing. I guess whatever though.
I mean, the comment mentions that it was well anchored (I think?) and that most anchor bolts that were exposed were sheared or bent.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Completely unrelated to Whitman, but Georgia (the country) experienced its first significant (F2+) tornado touchdown since 2005 a few days ago. It hit the village of Alaverdi in Abkhazia, where a monastery was damaged and a vehicle was overturned, injuring two people.
Not to take away from the injuries, but man, this is a beautiful tornado:

Back