• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

This severe weather season will be?

• Much Above Average

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Average

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Below Average

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Much Below Average

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleH

Reaction score
Currently under a severe t'storm warning in Cullman Co and I just got the Baron alert that the storm is capable of producing a tornado. Any body seeing any thing to verify this?

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Upgraded to a wind-driven Day 1 MDT in North Dakota. Might be time to bust out the D-word.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like a pretty nasty derecho ongoing. Significant severe skipped right over the heart of the plains in May and migrated straight from Dixie to Minnesota this year

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to save this loop to upload here, but this thing's development and current activity are amazing, if anyone can save it and share: https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/archiveviewer.php?sector=13&parm=pmsl

Edit, July 19th: Maybe there's no way to download those loops. This might preserve the general shape, though not the details: https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/ma_a...STARTMONTH=07&STARTDAY=17&STARTTIME=07&INC=24

Just came out of nowhere -- okay, NW North Dakota -- and whooshed across multiple states. Beautiful! But destructive.

Second edit: Even better images plus text: https://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/satellite-blog/archives/37668

Last edited:

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Severe weather chances are up tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday across the Southeast. Tornadoes are possible. Stay weather aware.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Bertie County NC tornado officially rated EF3. That is a powerful tornado in general but especially one spawned from a tropical system.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Argus

Reaction score
Northwest flow trying to initiate across the southeast starting early this week. Could have MCS events occuring this week from the Midwest to the Southeast.

Reaction score
Meanwhile, up here in Canada...
Virden Tornado.jpg
This was in Virden, MB on Friday evening. Two people were killed in a pickup that was tossed, and one other person was injured. To my knowledge was the first tornado in the country to cause more than one death since 2000. From what I've seen so far the damage looks surprisingly light (my guesstimate is low-end to mid-range EF2).

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ellicott City might be in trouble again. Heavy rain just parked over that part of MD.

Last edited:

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well here you go. Very 2020... fire induced tornado warning.

C430198E-1BC1-4B54-A931-D56579FB5D4D.png

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
That is insane Wes. I just saw that on another post. If anyone has a video I would love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back