• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Risk 2/23-2/24

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
SREF_prob_sigtor_5__f027.gif

I don't ever remember this parameter displaying a 90% percentile. Dangerous day especially across North MIssissippi into NW Alabama.

SREF_prob_combined_sigtor__f024.gif

X

Xenesthis

This looks bad! I keep saying that this risk looks to me like it will encompass a larger area to the east as well. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the tornado threat to continue further into the evening as well

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just looked at the SPC MESO page and already see that the new VTP parameter is showing a "5" across SW Mississippi this hour. KGWX is even showing some hybrid super cellular structures near the warm front attm

champal3003

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And with the saturated ground already in place, it will not take much wind at all to knock trees down. I have seen about 5 or 6 trees down in my area just due to saturated soil itself and combine this with wind from storms and that will make this even worse.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I still don’t trust the models. I understand they are pretty zeroed in, but this is not a multi day warm sector with an established moisture pool, strong mid level dry slot, and bomb of a low.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
12z HRRR coming in and still looks nasty. Nearly 2000J/kg CAPE in some places of MS. About time to switch over to mesoanalysis. Looks to be a very interesting day ahead.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’m stopped in Tupelo, MS, and need Best Buy to open up soon so I can get a new camera.

Back