• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Random Comment Thread

Jacob

Reaction score
Related to COVID but it doesn't belong in the other thread, the USGA is cancelling some golf events into September. Not sure I get the rationale, but I guess getting upset doesn't do a lot of good. At least it saves me a little money and frees up a couple days for me in July/August.

Also won't be any qualifying held for the US Amateur nor the US Open. Not really the US Open if it's an Invitational.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
bwahahaha. stay with it until the end

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
He had no idea I was watching him scavenge box elder tree seeds.

skelly

Reaction score
That one's a mockingbird
Sometimes in the summer they will sing loud at night. Especially if it’s a bright moon or if you live on a street lit up with street lights that burn all night. They’ll also go to war with cats, dogs, crows whatever come around. At our old house they kept bluebirds and other birds we like bullied away.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Okay who had "Bugnado" in the doom pool?

Reactions: KoD

Kory

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Been taking a break from social media the past several weeks. It’s been refreshing getting away from the computer screen (outside of the occasional Facebook message here and there) given what 2020 has thrown my way.

I didn’t fall off the face of the earth lol. But Wes reached out, so I just wanted to alert y’all. Talkweather is family.

skelly

Reaction score
IMHO they made the tornado and hurricane scale too many categories.
Probably wouldn’t stop the arguments. But, people get so bent out of shape between a EF-3-EF4 and EF4-EF-5. Better if they’d made only three categories. Not scientifically sound, but EF-3 and above is a major phenomenon and people shouldn’t get but hurt over the ratings.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
This is weird... my step son just got a package from UPS that contained only a golf ball with no markings. The address that was on the shipping label said it was shipped from... 18501 arenth ave city of industry ca. He did not order this. Very odd and suspicious to me.

skelly

Reaction score
This is weird... my step son just got a package from UPS that contained only a golf ball with no markings. The address that was on the shipping label said it was shipped from... 18501 arenth ave city of industry ca. He did not order this. Very odd and suspicious to me.
Add that to all the seeds being randomly sent to people.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Odd. I read a theory that it's suppliers creating false accounts, ordering a product and shipping it to random addresses so they can leave positive reviews/ratings as a "confirmed purchaser" without the supplier sending out the actual product. Golf balls are $$ though, must've been a cheap one.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Odd. I read a theory that it's suppliers creating false accounts, ordering a product and shipping it to random addresses so they can leave positive reviews/ratings as a "confirmed purchaser" without the supplier sending out the actual product. Golf balls are $$ though, must've been a cheap one.
It is very cheap. No writing or logo/number on the ball and it bounces about half as high as a real golf ball when you drop it on a hard surface

Back