• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Potential Winter Mischief 1/16

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Was there any accumulating snow in north Alabama? I don’t think Huntsville saw any accumulation.
I had a dusting from the morning round in Meridianville, and some stuck on the late afternoon round but it was minimal.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
I wasn’t expecting much but all I had was a cold rain till 5 in South Huntsville and had a little snow after 5. Nothing stuck. Looks like the mountains got a dusting.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Was there any accumulating snow in north Alabama? I don’t think Huntsville saw any accumulation.
There was a decent thick dusting of snow around 8:15am in central Huntsville but it didn't last long with fluctuating and increasing temperatures and crosses between snow, rain or both at the same time which promptly melted all accumulations and prevented serious freezing at baseline valley elevations.. another huge score for the models which showed (at least in my region) this exact spotty rain/snow/rain/snow situation for days now. The only confusion that could be had from a cold interpretation of the "pictures" would be looking at a snowfall accumulation map and thinking that would be the outcome of this weather event.

Back