• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Multi-day Severe Weather Threat 3/12-3/14/2019

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah that one's got a nice small couplet on it, southern storms both appear to be a little stronger

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Just had some spiky, quarter sized hail in Morris.

My husband was driving North on I-65 and saw the storm in front of him. He stopped in Fultondale and said that there are people standing in the parking lot of Target taking pictures of it, saying that they are sure that it is a tornado. Just brilliant. He said that there was green in the sky, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that there is hail in Morris.

Reaction score
With the widespread cellular storm mode with hooks galore today, I can't help but feel like we were about 2 degrees of dewpoint or a few hundred more j/kg in the lowest 3km from something really bad from AL to IN/OH.

AL_ham_op

Reaction score
I just drove up the backside of the Argo/St. Clair storm coming out of Bham. Definite wall cloud there but I could not see much if any rotation as it was coming over Clay. Sounds like it got some slight rotation once it got out of my view.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storm near Moundville is spinning now too. Higher instability there but not much low level shear. Lapse rates not super great.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What are you basing that on Equus? Soundings? (Just trying to learn more)

Right now I'm just going by the SPC mesoscale analysis page, I'm still learning more too lol

Reaction score
First TOR outside of the Dixie region for a while, looks like 2 areas of rotation and possible TDS with the southern one on this storm Detroit, MI.

Attachments

• DTX_2250.png
    DTX_2250.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • DTX_2250_CC.png
    DTX_2250_CC.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back