• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX Multi-day Severe Weather Threat 3/12-3/14/2019

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Locust Fork storm rotating hard, nasty inflow on it. That's the one that came over Jasper earlier

Tornado warning for that right now

I think that's the first BMX TOR of the day. Things really aren't getting going until they get north of here

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
Locust Fork storm definitely rotating indeed, nasty inflow on it

Tornado warning for that right now

I think that's the first BMX TOR of the day. Things really aren't getting going until they get north of here

No outdoor sirens blasting here in southwestern Blount County, outside the polygon. I wonder if they've stopped sounding them across the whole county when only part of the county is affected.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Damage being reported in White City, in Cullman County, NE of Hanceville; that's in the path of the couplet and reported funnel cloud. Roof torn off community center and several houses damaged by falling trees.

Cullman Today has photos... large trees snapped off and significant roof damage.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
About the tightest couplet I've seen so far.. given distance from radar, no way to tell if it's surface based.

ybDwulO.png

5fDRs2E.png

MichelleH

Reaction score
Damage being reported in White City, in Cullman County, NE of Hanceville; that's in the path of the couplet and reported funnel cloud. Roof torn off community center and several houses damaged by falling trees.

I'm also hearing that the White City volunteer fire department building was destroyed.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Blount storm is on that last edge of 1,000j/kg CAPE and 400 m2/s2 ESRH (400 in sfc-1km too) so that's where the parameters are gonna be absolutely maximized

Back