• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX May 2019 Plains Severe Event

vanni9283

Reaction score
I highly doubt it goes over EF4 just from lack of things to hit well built enough to show it. If we start seeing photos of cars torn into little pieces and wrapped around debarked mud splattered tree snags, it would indicate otherwise but for now I think it stays right where it's at. Who knooows
I would think that too.

buckeye05

Reaction score
I highly doubt it goes over EF4 just from lack of things to hit well built enough to show it. If we start seeing photos of cars torn into little pieces and wrapped around debarked mud splattered tree snags, it would indicate otherwise but for now I think it stays right where it's at. Who knooows
I heard Tim Marshall has been consulted for the Linwood area damage, and the wind speed estimate may be increased.

locomusic01

Reaction score
Per the survey toolkit, they're calling the QRT for the home posted above. Description says "need QRT here. some sill plates ripped from bolts."

bwalk

Reaction score
Some healthy discreet cells in Pennsylvania at 4pm cst. No rotation on these storms to speak of as of now.

The cell approaching Souderton has a dbz of 70 and is no doubt packing a punch.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well yikes, that's actually pretty high end then. Have heard that home is a well built two story brick veneer home so if the damage to the anchoring is that severe, we will probably at least see a bump up from 170

locomusic01

Reaction score
DAT = Damage Assessment Toolkit, the viewer for the NWS' storm survey results.

QRT = Quick Response Team, the survey team that local offices often call in to evaluate EF4/5 surveys, particularly when there's some question as to whether an upgrade may be warranted.

locomusic01

Reaction score
Well yikes, that's actually pretty high end then. Have heard that home is a well built two story brick veneer home so if the damage to the anchoring is that severe, we will probably at least see a bump up from 170

Yes, brick veneer. The home is at 20511 Golden Rd. Definitely appears to be well-anchored with properly spaced bolts and washers. It looks like a pretty textbook EF4 just from what we can see in the photos. All walls collapsed + cleared away from the building's footprint, but large sections still intact and no obvious contextual DIs that would indicate greater intensity. Also those garage doors would be an obvious weak point, particularly facing the direction of the storm's approach.

fd9zf5N.jpg

Back