• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX March 29-30, 2022 Severe Event

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I mean... I know these are softwoods and all but it looks like MAYBE they could have gone EF3? There is clearly some lower-end debarking in the first photo.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another EF2 added in Perry county, up to five now in central AL

MOB appears to be at least six or seven, JAN will have a looooong way to go still

buckeye05

Reaction score
Agreed. Yeah those are softwoods, but the 100% deforestation and presence of debarking makes think an argument for EF3 could definitely be made.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah the precedent at BMX for 100% pine snapping in a broad swath has usually been 140ish on multiple occasions so I hope that's considered for a potential increase at some point

buckeye05

Reaction score
The fatal Alford, FL tornado has been rated mid-EF3, with estimated winds of 150 MPH.

I’m trying to remember the most recent Florida EF3. I think it was the Lloyd, FL tornado in 2019? Same day as the Beauregard EF4 irrc.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The fatal Alford, FL tornado has been rated mid-EF3, with estimated winds of 150 MPH.

I’m trying to remember the most recent Florida EF3. I think it was the Lloyd, FL tornado in 2019? Same day as the Beauregard EF4 irrc.

Do you have a picture of the damage they rated EF3?

Back