• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX March 26th-27th, 2023

ctopher5

Charter Member
Reaction score
First tornado warning of the day for southern Troup and northern Harris counties until 7:30 AM
9b0e9571933827841a90a591a73ffd1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keithGA

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Going to be a flooding threat soon as these things keep training over the same area.

buckeye05

Reaction score
I missed it because I was driving home from Cincinnati, but I'm looking at radar imagery on Twitter of the Pine Mountain tornado, and man that was a deep, mean looking debris signature. We've likely already have had a strong tornado and this is just the beginning of the day...

ARCC

Reaction score
FWIW, surface boundary is located across south central Talladega county, west to east. Got a six degree temp change(57 on north to 63 south) over a six to seven mile drive. Pretty crazy.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Preaching to the choir here, but I just cannot believe how quickly things have escalated today. It's like as soon as the sun came up, tornadoes started touching down. I thought today would be an over-performer, but not this early in the morning. Unreal...

Also it looks like that second tornado may have clipped the north side of Milledgeville. By the way, do I see twin couplets there?

buckeye05

Reaction score
Also, looking at maps, the north side of Milledgeville definitely got hit. Homes and businesses extend well north of the main part of town along US 441. Not good.

keithGA

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
FFC adding the TOR: POSSIBLE tag to nearly every SVR they issue this morning.

Reaction score
Looks like Milledgeville was down before the warning went out, as they immediately went to a radar-confirmed TORR. Everyone's favorite office at it again...

Attachments

• JGX_1140.png
    JGX_1140.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • JGX_1143.png
    JGX_1143.png
  • JGX_1143_CC.png
    JGX_1143_CC.png
Back