• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX March 26th-27th, 2023

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
BRO THE STP IN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI IS MAXED OUT AT. 10???

Low level shear has really come up along the boundary! My goodness

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Unless I'm thinking of something else I think 4/27/2011 proved that the STP goes beyond 10.
It can, this event won't be near that though, a lot of these different forecast site use different paramters. I'm using cod meteorology STP about to check pivotal weather and post the maps there.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
There have been two already, both of which produced significant debris signatures. One passed near LaGrange, GA and the other struck Milledgeville, GA. Worst damage seems to be near LaGrange, but info is scarce.
I hope everybody is okay, I'd imagine it caught a lot of people off guard.

Reaction score
I think those really high pockets are convectively contaminated, not sure of the mechanism behind why but for some reason that really exaggerates the low-level shear.

Values in regions more representative of the environment are about 1.5-3, which is still significant.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I think those really high pockets are convectively contaminated, not sure of the mechanism behind why but for some reason that really exaggerates the low-level shear.

Values in regions more representative of the environment are about 1.5-3, which is still significant.
I was starting to think that, pulling a RAP sounding for non contamination[/QUOTE]

Logo 468x120