• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe WX March 26th-27th, 2023

buckeye05

Reaction score
@buckeye05 I was about to say you posted in the wrong thread, before I remembered we already do have significant tornado damage from today.
Yeah, off to a rough start to say the least. CAMs are suggesting we'll see a lull for a while, but things may ramp back up tonight farther west.

Also, I'm looking at the damage in Milledgeville and thankfully it looks much more minor (trees and power lines downed, roofs and signs damaged, ect).

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Focused along the boundary that cuts through south Talladega County into GA.
Isn't a lot of storms doing that later today as well? With more low level shear? Well looking it doesn't look as defined as it did this morning on wether the boundary is lol

I'm just surprised things escalated so quickly; told my brother to watch out later this evening he lives northwest of Montgomery.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I'm getting tired of the hyperbole if this is it, it seems like homes getting leveled is the new IT word when it's not. I may be wrong and I hope I am though.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
In that last photo I posted, I see what looks like nothing but rubble. I don't think that report is a stretch at based on what I've seen so far.
Yeah I just pulled it up and started zooming in, some of those trees are snapped to the base thats crazy.

ColdFront

Reaction score
I knew there was severe weather forecasted and today could definitely overpeform, but I didn’t pay as much attention to it as the event on Friday, or for a better term, study it.

When and where are things expected to ramp back up? I know last night the models had a couple of lulls throughout the day