• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Statistician

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
Statistics
I have scoured the internet for a solid published source or website to derive my own statistics and potential preliminary conclusion upon the effect of long-lasting eruptions (2 week+) on local weather (temperature specifically) changes. Nothing. (Immensely perplexed how no geology PHD student hasn't published this yet. There seem to be a dozen+ papers that somehow haven't been written across half-a-dozen scientific and pseudo-scientific fields that somehow haven't been researched/published yet. Mind-boggling...)

Can anyone find a scholastic paper which denotes a change or lack there of in local temperature changes in long-lasting eruptions (such as Iceland or Hawaii) based on comparative analysis of 5-20 years on either side of the eruption and the period of the eruption? (i.e. 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull; Was there a significant change in local weather for the cities of Skogar, Vik, or even Selfoss which is nearly 100km away [too far to be considered local]?)

Likewise, can anyone find an online calendar system that show the highs/lows for each day of the year for a major city in nearly EVERY country (at least 1 city) from 1980 forward? (1950 forward would be even better). No "averages," hard numbers only; likewise, USA only is inconsequential.

Thanks!

Logo 468x120
Back