• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX January 29-30 Southeast Event

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
HRRR is showing zip for ATL basically, but that is way at the end of its run.

Reaction score
never have been so close to an event and have no idea which direction to go on a snow chase from ATL to see the most snow at the shortest distance
do i travel north up ga 400, do i northwest up 75, or do i go west out 1-20? it's less than 12 hours from go time, and i have NO idea.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
00z NAM is back in the game.

namconus_asnow_seus_7.png

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
we're not gonna get much here (most of the models have been consistent at about 1-2" aside from the GFS-FV3 which has been really aggressive the whole time) but it's gonna come right at evening rush hour. thankfully our public transit system is reliable and people around here are good drivers during dry weather /sarc

Evan

Reaction score
Listen, it is 41 degrees in Florala, and 47 in Panama City, Dothan, and Pascagoula. I'm sitting at 56 in SW Jefferson County. That should tell us something.

Evan

Reaction score
Huntsville at 53 while Florala is at 41...

skelly

Reaction score
Listen, it is 41 degrees in Florala, and 47 in Panama City, Dothan, and Pascagoula. I'm sitting at 56 in SW Jefferson County. That should tell us something.

That cloud cover has kept your temp up and it isn’t cloudy to the south? 53 in southern Shelby county. Drizzle.

Back