• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Hurricane Hurricane Humberto

Kory

Reaction score
We've got yet another invest with increasing chances for development once it enters the Gulf of Mexico. Currently, an ULL is to the west of the system providing some SWerly shear over it. If/when that pivots out of the way and allows for better upper level ventilation/outflow of the system, some organization will likely occur. SHIPS is being particularly aggressive bringing it up to category 1 strength.

I'm skeptical that upper-level conditions will be good enough for continual strengthening, but don't be surprised to see a tropical storm in the Gulf this weekend.

l1Q1a4r.png

95L_tracks_latest.png

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It sucks to see models start off bringing this into your back yard only to adjust hundreds of miles east so that it brings nothing.

South AL Wx

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Advisories are being initiated on Potential Tropical Cyclone Nine at 5 pm.

Kory

Reaction score
I don’t see any reliable guidance that shows any impact from Humberto the U.S. This is solidly out to sea with possible impacts to Bermuda.

Reaction score
I don’t see any reliable guidance that shows any impact from Humberto the U.S. This is solidly out to sea with possible impacts to Bermuda.

I agree wholeheartedly with you that this is an out to sea solution with most of the reliable models predicting that, but it cannot be ignored that about 1/3 of the EPS 18z models do have at least some amount of recurvature back to the coast. Just something interesting to note even though I don’t ever expect this to recurve or come close to the coast.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with you that this is an out to sea solution with most of the reliable models predicting that, but it cannot be ignored that about 1/3 of the EPS 18z models do have at least some amount of recurvature back to the coast. Just something interesting to note even though I don’t ever expect this to recurve or come close to the coast.

Obviously outliers, but I am interested in seeing it unfold.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Humberto is a hurricane, and looks to become a major.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Updated Hurricane and tag. Really glad Humberto is taking a nice trek out to see.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It’s not favored, but it’s very interesting how you have a handful of ensembles from every model suite pointing this back towards the US.

Logo 468x120
Back