• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX December 29 & 30, 2021 Severe Threat

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not sure if the Tuscaloosa cell is actually getting its act together or if the radar is just being screwy. Couplet is still there as of the most recent scan (immediately after this one)
122921-1.JPG

Clancy

Reaction score
Now we get to see if FFC will keep up their longstanding tradition of missing at least one tornado touchdown in their CWA as this line heads east in an extremely sheared environment
I was kind of wondering about that. They have only a SVR out right now (with no tor. poss. tag), but the storm from Piedmont just doesn't look very friendly and very well could drop something.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I was kind of wondering about that. They have only a SVR out right now (with no tor. poss. tag), but the storm from Piedmont just doesn't look very friendly and very well could drop something.
Yeah SW of Cedartown looks rather tight from both HTX and FFC, would not at all be shocked if it did something before they slapped a warning on it

Clancy

Reaction score
Yeah SW of Cedartown looks rather tight from both HTX and FFC, would not at all be shocked if it did something before they slapped a warning on it
If it continues on its current heading it'll go right over me so I think I'll make the executive decision to head to shelter if it gets too close, regardless of warnings.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If it continues on its current heading it'll go right over me so I think I'll make the executive decision to head to shelter if it gets too close, regardless of warnings.
Yeah for sure, in this environment I don't trust ANY cell

andyhb

Reaction score
It's about to go. Meso really tightening aloft.

andyhb

Reaction score
And there it is, TDS crossing I-65.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Major increase in velocity, very significant tornado

Back