• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX December 29 & 30, 2021 Severe Threat

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Mesolow is now well established enough to show up on SPC surface map, but the thermal boundary is all the way up near Chattanooga; looks like not much severe weather was wrought from that little mesoscale triple point, but it's backed the low level winds very slightly ahead of the QLCS, which with some marginal instability in the low levels and high dew points should keep that isolated supercell SW of Tuscaloosa interesting for a bit longer... and could lead to more spinups along the line

mesolow`.png

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We really got lucky it wasn't a lot worse with the mesoscale shenanigans and the quality of the warm sector heading out of the Gulf, still a long way to go perhaps but the 10 hatch really coulda gone a much less pleasant direction

Liberty4dayz

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I live off Lewis Chapel outside Dunlap. Heard the rumble, then heard a train and had the kids shelter up. Could hear stuff hitting the side of the house. Pretty sketchy. Everything is calm now. No warnings or anything. It was strange. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very intense low level shear there, could definitely be an issue

powerll.png

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Tuscaloosa/Hale tornado warning, that's the isolated supercell ahead of the line

stcl.png

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New Tornado Warning for Hale, Tuscaloosa, Bibb. Storm stays south of the city of Tuscaloosa. Storm heading towards Brent / Centreville.

buckeye05

Reaction score
That supercell has been threatening all evening. Looks like it finally got it’s act together. I’m concerned that it could begin to encroach on the southern fringes of the Bham suburbs.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah it's been pretty ominous for hours, I'm surprised it took this long to get going but low level shear has been pretty borderline across S MS so it's probably getting a better chance to spin at the low levels at this point

Casie

Reaction score
That supercell has been threatening all evening. Looks like it finally got it’s act together. I’m concerned that it could begin to encroach on the southern fringes of the Bham suburbs.
Looks to be South of B'ham suburbs. Headed straight toward the radar at BMX though.

Back