• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX December 10 & 11, 2021 Severe Threat

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Note the slabbed foundations visible at the upper right at 1:30 and 2:00. Some large industrial buildings were also flattened at centre and upper right at 3:05. (Cf. 5:40.)
I can't be certain about this but the one at 1:30 looks like a parking pad and the one at 2:00 was a home that was partially swept clean with a few walls still standing. The buildings at 3:05 and 5:40 look like dry storage units, not sure what kind of construction was used there.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This scene from Earlington is probably the most impressive damage I have seen from this tornado. The tossed train cars, large slabbed building, ground scouring and just overall breadth of the damage path is unbelievable.
TRN_Tornado_Derailment_3_Pearson.jpg
Before view of what I am pretty sure is the slabbed building (street view is from 2008 hence the lack of pavement). Not sure what it was but doesn't scream "extremely well constructed" at first glance. Of course I guess we won't really know until the survey teams inspect it though.
Earlington-damage-before.JPG

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Still trying to wrap my head around this. Seems most of the debris sigs belonged to violent or near violent tornadoes, pretty much every time one popped up, and I can't even keep track of how many there were and where they were.

Back