• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX December 10 & 11, 2021 Severe Threat

buckeye05

Reaction score
What are you trying to prove? That the damage that was done by this once in a generation tornado may not have been EF5 damage? I saw the damage to that candle factory, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that it was completely totaled.
I think this was very likely an EF5. I am literally just saying that it's been a while since EF5 rated industrial damage has been confirmed, and nothing else. That's all. You need to relax and stop extrapolating things from my comments that I'm not actually saying.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Why are you telling me to chill out? buckeye has been so obnoxious and condescending in numerous posts on this thread and I'm sick of it quite honestly.
I will also say that buckeye really should take it down a notch in terms of his tone in response to some of these posts. It's all speculation at this point and everyone does it. With that said, you are flying off the handle.

vanni9283

Reaction score
I will also say that buckeye really should take it down a notch in terms of his tone in response to some of these posts. It's all speculation at this point and everyone does it. With that said, you are flying off the handle.
I don't want to fly off the handle. But I will stand my ground.

buckeye05

Reaction score
I do believe the building that was leveled in the damage pictures was not the same as the one pictured, it was another large brick church that was completely destroyed. However, the domed church in the picture was also very severely damaged.
Ah gotcha. Regardless, I have never seen an older, brick, downtown square of a small town as thoroughly obliterated as badly as Mayfield, KY during my lifetime. Even worse than other examples of this type of scenario like Cullman, AL or West Liberty, KY. The only one that comes close in vaguely recent memory would be Greensburg, KS. I have to go back to historic examples like Higgins, TX to find something similar.

Why are you telling me to chill out? buckeye has been so obnoxious and condescending in numerous posts on this thread and I'm sick of it quite honestly.
If you find someone clarifying how EF scale application actually works "obnoxious" or "condescending", that shows me you'd rather dig your heels in and put your hands over your ears when presented with information that is new to you, rather than trying to learn something. That speaks for itself. I'll tone it down a bit, but I'm not going to stop scrutinizing statements if they aren't accurate.

Last edited:

vanni9283

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. Regardless, I have never seen an older, brick, downtown square of a small town as thoroughly obliterated as badly as Mayfield during my lifetime. Much worse than other examples of this type of scenario like

If you find someone clarifying how EF scale application actually works "obnoxious" or "condescending", that shows me you'd rather dig your heels in and put your hands over your ears when presented with information that is new to you, rather than trying to learn something. That speaks for itself. I'll tone it down a bit, but I'm not going to stop scrutinizing statements if they aren't accurate.
Can you clarify what statements aren't accurate?

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I don't want to fly off the handle. But I will stand my ground.
I just you should remember the human aspect in a thread discussion were people have been injured or killed not to mention and if they are fortunate to escape they are likely homeless, or jobless, and probably have lost almost every possession they had. Their town and life will never be the same and they don't give a damn what the storm was rated.

vanni9283

Reaction score
I just you should remember the human aspect in a thread discussion were people have been injured or killed not to mention and if they are fortunate to escape they are likely homeless, or jobless, and probably have lost almost every possession they had. Their town and life will never be the same and they don't give a damn what the storm was rated
I'm not discounting that but we do have the right to ask questions.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score

Homes completely swept away in the Cambridge Springs area on the western shore of Kentucky Lake. The house in the foreground in the top right picture (with the boat thrown into the basement) appears to have anchor bolts on the periphery of the foundation.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This photo of a subdivision in Bremen reminds me a lot of what happened in the Cherokee Valley area of Ringgold on 4/27/2011
Bremen-EF5-damage-homes2.JPG
Ringgold-EF5-damage-home.JPG

buckeye05

Reaction score

Homes completely swept away in the Cambridge Springs area on the western shore of Kentucky Lake. The house in the foreground in the top right picture (with the boat thrown into the basement) appears to have anchor bolts on the periphery of the foundation.

Two bolts at each corner, others closely spaced and bent, and subfloor removed. Strongest EF5 candidate that I’ve seen so far with this one.

Logo 468x120