• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 4th-6th, 2022 Severe Weather Threat

buckeye05

Reaction score
Those twin QLCS tornadoes may have been strong. Hearing reports of emergency officials responding to a collapsed house in the Swainsboro area. Swainsboro has been insanely unlucky during this outbreak, as they were hit by a tornado yesterday! Can anyone else think of a town that was hit by two different tornadoes on two consecutive days? Tinker AFB is the closest I can think of.

Also this is what appears to be a screen grab of security footage in Swainsboro illuminated by lightning, showing structural debris in the road.45E06A23-A2D7-4A92-AF3E-782BA8F7D81D.jpeg

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It may be difficult to tell in some areas which damage was caused by storms on which days, given how we're pretty much having constant outbreaks now

buckeye05

Reaction score
Listening to the scanner and lots of roads are being cleared of debris in the Swainsboro area. I'm also a little concerned about the lack of news out of Kite, GA. They took a direct hit from a QLCS tornado earlier, and a TDS really blew up over the town when it hit.

Last edited:

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The signature was actually dissipating as it reached Swainsboro, if downtown got damaged I sure wonder what happened in rural areas to the west where the signature was much stronger

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Kite is very small but what little will load for me on Google Maps shows significant traffic slow down right at the town, it's after 10pm there so one wonders if that's due to damage
Screenshot_20220406-211108-108.png

Reaction score
I know 2011 comparisons are somewhat verboten due to the extreme outcome that occurred, but something about the way this year has been going reminds me of that. When even "imperfect" setups consistently produce significant events, it's not a good sign. Anyone remember 4/4 (over 1,300 wind reports), 4/19 (Girard, IL EF3, over 1,000 total reports) and 4/22 (St. Louis area EF4)?

buckeye05

Reaction score
I know 2011 comparisons are somewhat verboten due to the extreme outcome that occurred, but something about the way this year has been going reminds me of that. When even "imperfect" setups consistently produce significant events, it's not a good sign. Anyone remember 4/4 (over 1,300 wind reports), 4/19 (Girard, IL EF3, over 1,000 total reports) and 4/22 (St. Louis area EF4)?
I've been noticing this same thing. Almost every setup this year has turned into an outbreak of strong tornadoes. We've still got a lot of tornado season to get through, and I'm concerned about what late April through May will bring.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Certainly remember 4/4/11, had to shelter behind a church on the way home from work when the intense straight line winds hit lol, submitted a few LSRs on the way home looking for damage

The WFOs around here are probably massively burnt out after the last couple weeks, it's gonna be a loooong April if this keeps up

buckeye05

Reaction score
Hearing reports of structural damage along Midas Brantley Road, which is where that TDS blew up right before it entered Kite.

DetectiveWX

Reaction score
I know I must back off the extremes, but it seems we're following the calendar year and severe weather right to the penny with New Year's Outbreak, frigid/snowy January in the east, GHD snowstorm in the Midwest, balmy 2nd half of Feb. in the SE, severe season starting with a bang in March, now 1st week of April being busy, and now we have the system next week that almost parallels the week and day of the "forgotten" outbreak. Hope it breaks soon, or we might be looking at something gigantic late April into May/June...

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
Finally getting some news out of Barwick. House unroofed, barn destroyed, and trees down in that area. Also hearing of some damage at the Shady Rest Mobile Home Park in the Thomasville area.

Last edited:

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some cleanup has no doubt occurred in the last day but seeing multiple clean slabs in those aerial pics from Ellabell area. "At least EF3" wording + pretty high end DIs makes me very curious as to what ground surveyors have found.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Some cleanup has no doubt occurred in the last day but seeing multiple clean slabs in those aerial pics from Ellabell area. "At least EF3" wording + pretty high end DIs makes me very curious as to what ground surveyors have found.
Probably EF4 damage. I suspect they’ll likely sleep on it before upgrading tomorrow.

MNTornadoGuy

Reaction score
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

More photos from Pembroke

Back