• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 4th-6th, 2022 Severe Weather Threat

Reaction score
This is an impressive QLCS, with multiple embedded HP supercell/comma head structures apparent on reflectivity. The 4/27 one looked like that, although fortunately this one isn't nearly as prolific a tornado producer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The text on the Georgia tornado warning has the storm located near "Fickling Mill." Had to do a double take at that one!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I have no idea where they get these towns from that they list in some of these warnings and put on the graphics. I grew up like 30 miles from there and I've never heard of Fickling Mill. It does have a Wikipedia article though, to its credit.

New warning just popped for Macon Co. (NB Macon is not in Macon Co.). It looks like it'll split the difference between Montezuma and Marshallville, which are the two main towns in that area, but it'll be moving into the Perry area once it gets into Houston Co., which is a larger city, and then it would be passing into some more populated areas between Perry and Warner Robins.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The Crawford Co. storm has definitely broadened out. Not sure if they'll extend that warning into Bibb Co. Actually neither of them looks that impressive, although there is something on CC between Marshallville and Montezuma. Not sure if that's actually debris or just radar noise.

If it holds together or tightens back up as it moves toward Perry, we might be able to get a look at it from the tower cam at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Maybe another area of rotation just to the south of the Macon Co. tornado.

New tornado warning for Bibb Co., including the northern part of Macon. Not really much there, but I guess better safe than sorry with these spin-ups.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They've extended the southern warning into Peach and Houston Cos. Doesn't really look that impressive at the moment and it's over a largely unpopulated area, but it'll get into more populated areas once it crosses into Houston Co.

Jacob

Reaction score
Maybe another area of rotation just to the south of the Macon Co. tornado.

New tornado warning for Bibb Co., including the northern part of Macon. Not really much there, but I guess better safe than sorry with these spin-ups.

Yikes, TDS on that southern storm with no warning, east of Byronville, GA

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yikes, TDS on that southern storm with no warning, east of Byronville, GA
FFC gonna FFC. But yeah, that might have clipped Byromville, which is a relatively small town (about 500 people). It'll be over open country for a while but it's moving toward Unadilla, which is a larger town (around 4000 people).

Jacob

Reaction score
FFC gonna FFC. But yeah, that might have clipped Byromville, which is a relatively small town (about 500 people). It'll be over open country for a while but it's moving toward Unadilla, which is a larger town (around 4000 people).

FFC just issued a TOR 6 minutes after the TDS first showed up, and don't even mentioned confirmed tornado in the warning.

Reaction score
To be fair, these circulations are popping quickly. BMX had an unwarned TDS for a few scans earlier today.

xJownage

Reaction score
The CAMs have nailed the progression of this system so far. Tail end charlie just crossing into SC near Savannah is in a really prime environment. I'm pulling nothing but PDS soundings with 2000+ cape and 300+ 0-1 SRH in that area. SC needs to watch out right now...

Edit: seems like the other Sam beat me to it

Back