• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe WX April 19-22nd, 2023

ColdFront

Reaction score
From what I saw was the PTDS was lite up like a Christmas tree at the time. Sorry, but so much for the Slight Risk as well over OK. SHould have at least been an EHN. I mean CAPE was at 3500 and an LI at -10, with VTP at 14 and what looked like about a 70Td near OKC around 7:00 P.M. on the Meso page
I think this event (at least the southern section) really over performed. It was all conditional anyway.

jiharris0220

Reaction score
Even I was a bit surprised about just how efficient these cells were at producing tornadoes.
However, overall, it isn’t too hard to believe.
Every model showed a volatile environment, it was really all about wether the cap would break or not.
And well, I guess we know the answer to that.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
From what I saw was the PTDS was lite up like a Christmas tree at the time. Sorry, but so much for the Slight Risk as well over OK. SHould have at least been an EHN. I mean CAPE was at 3500 and an LI at -10, with VTP at 14 and what looked like about a 70Td near OKC around 7:00 P.M. on the Meso page
Yeah it was a pretty impressive PTDS

Attachments

• GR radar.png
    GR radar.png
    2 MB · Views: 0

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
atdsc.gif
they-dont-stop-coming-all-star.gif

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
They increased our chance of thunderstorms to 90% tomorrow with the good chance of some being severe with all modes possible. Rare they would change so much for this area. I will have to take a good look at things in the morning and then size things up.

Reaction score
They increased our chance of thunderstorms to 90% tomorrow with the good chance of some being severe with all modes possible. Rare they would change so much for this area. I will have to take a good look at things in the morning and then size things up.

Likewise, the forecasts for my area are skeptical that sufficient destablization will occur for the afternoon round in this neck of the woods, but I'm keeping a close eye on things tomorrow. This system has shown it means business.

ColdFront

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew this was very conditional.

What really made me pay attention to it, because I had completely wrote it off, was Trey’s tweet analysis on the special sounding sent up a few hours before. And he noted the cap was pretty much gone.

Back