• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe WX April 19-22nd, 2023

Reaction score
Three simultaneous tornadoes

View attachment 20050
It looks to me like they're rotating together, counter-clockwise. Hence the one moving to the northwest. The rotation by Bethel Acres looks to be moving to the west/northwest now, yes? As if they were three vortices of a giant tornado. But I know nothing and could just be seeing stuff.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Multiple mesos (one from the main cell and one from the trailing cell) interacting and rotating around each other in the process of eventual merger, in such a slow moving storm cluster that's going to lead to a wild swath of tornado paths in all different directions

Reaction score
I feel bad for anyone underneath this mess. It's slow-moving to begin with, and then the multiple places of rotation... I hope they all have good shelter and are able to be patient.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Impressive effective helicity values in the vicinity of the storm with super backed surface flow, has its own little environment there to do all kinds of wild vorticity shenanigans

fgesgfe.pngefefefe.PNG

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
I feel bad for anyone underneath this mess. It's slow-moving to begin with, and then the multiple places of rotation... I hope they all have good shelter and are able to be patient.
With most warnings we generally know that only a small percentage of people within the polygon are actually in the path... but with this storm? Goodness gracious, I'd be terrified sitting just about anywhere in those polygons atm.

rushdude

Reaction score
Been awful breezy here today and tonight in DFW.
Hopefully the severe weather threat tomorrow is minimal

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Multiple mesos (one from the main cell and one from the trailing cell) interacting and rotating around each other in the process of eventual merger, in such a slow moving storm cluster that's going to lead to a wild swath of tornado paths in all different directions
Agreed - Also captured this one as well

Back