• Current Tropical Systems
    Ian
  • Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2022 Tropical Weather (3 Viewers)

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Very cool. I read this is one of the worst storms to hit Alaska since 2011 and lowest pressure in the month of September.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in Japan, this guy is chasing Nanmadol (Kagoshima is home to restless Sakurajima volcano, which -- thankfully -- is maintaining its somewhat enhanced Level 3 status and showing no signs of impending increased activity, per the JMA):

He might post more footage that hasn't been shown in general media yet, depending on how things go for him on the ground.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This disturbed area between 50W/45W at 10N has seen an uptick in model support for further development and a look that threatens the US.

goes16-ir-catl.gif

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I know it's the happy hour GFS but it probably shouldn't be hitting the sauce that hard on a Monday. Gotta pace yourself dude, there's a whole week ahead of you.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I know it's the happy hour GFS but it probably shouldn't be hitting the sauce that hard on a Monday. Gotta pace yourself dude, there's a whole week ahead of you.

NAVGEM agrees that the operational GFS is hitting it way too hard. It takes a weak COC over PR. GFS ensembles support this scenario. Fiona is playing a large role in the environment.

Users who are viewing this thread