• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
This pretty much sums up the state of the democrat party with the working class.

The leftward lurch of the Democrat Party in recent decades, on issues ranging from gun rights to taxpayer-funded abortion, began the alienation of the party’s conservative, working-class coalition—in Appalachia and across America—whose ties to the party have always rested in labor politics. This alienation did not stop, however, with disregarding their views on social issues, ramping up into policies that have directly attacked their livelihoods.

“Green” policies drive up energy prices and send manufacturing jobs overseas. In response, party leaders insult the pride of those who have always provided for their own families, offering welfare checks in place of lost paychecks. Now, with total Democrat control in Washington, President Joe Biden is attempting to override union-negotiated collective bargaining agreements—violating one of the core tenants of the labor movement—requiring companies to fire workers who do not comply with his vaccination mandate. For those whose jobs survive, inflation erodes wages as Democrats urge the Federal Reserve to print trillions funding a massive spending agenda. Adding insult to injury, those who voice objections are targeted by the new woke enforcers of the Democrat Party as “deplorable” and uneducated racists, standing in the way of the grand utopian vision.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It’s hard to even determine what their policies are. Although, generally democratic ideas are polling in the 60-70% range right now. It’s the individuals that are faltering.
More specifically what democratic ideas are you referring to?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Dems probably thought they could win on the economy. After all, Biden’s economic plan saved us a whopping 16 cents a few months ago! What more could people ask for?
Back in Biden's day that was a lot of money.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder where Mike Durant is getting all his money to run all the ads I'm seeing on TV? He and Mo Brooks will be duking it out for the Trumper party wing vote. I haven't seen a Mo ad on TV yet. I assume he is still making a run. Wonder who Trump will endorse?

Kory

Reaction score
Biden admin is an absolute disgrace. Visited some of the hardest hit places by Hurricane Ida while back home for the holidays and thousands are still living in tents and no help on the horizon. Nothing but a walking and talking colostomy bag.

Kory

Reaction score
Of course the sack of worthless human waste in the White House politicizes the devastating natural disaster in Kentucky. He also pledged whatever it takes to help them recover. Sure. Louisiana's thousands of displaced residents ,from Hurricane Ida, are still waiting on FEMA. Not a single FEMA trailer has been delivered last I checked....the state has to use emergency funds to step up while FEMA has floundered.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
Wow…Rand Paul was sure fast to ask Biden and the federal government for a relief package to help Kentuckians in the face of one of their worst natural disasters (and rightfully so). But, it sure is ironic that the putz himself tried to torpedo every disaster relief package in the last decade…Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Ida, etc.

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Biden admin is an absolute disgrace. Visited some of the hardest hit places by Hurricane Ida while back home for the holidays and thousands are still living in tents and no help on the horizon. Nothing but a walking and talking colostomy bag.
Merry Christmas, Kory. :)

Outside of Portland and a few other places, Oregon isn't as blue as they'd like everyone to believe.

But there are some weird mindsets. The Oregonian, an excellent journal much of the time, originally filed that story under "Public Safety."

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good thing Biden is a Democrat because the optics of this is not good. Fortunately for him, he won't be held accountable by the media nor by his base.

Kory

Reaction score
President Biden may not recall what he said during a 2020 campaign debate last fall, but Americans should: “Anyone who is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States of America.”

Covid deaths this year have now surpassed the toll in 2020 with 350,000 since Inauguration Day. It would seem that Mr. Biden has done no better than Donald Trump in defeating Covid despite the benefit of vaccines, better therapies, and more clinical experience. The left politicized Covid by holding Mr. Trump responsible for a disease that was always going to be hard to defeat.

Resign now.

Derek00

Reaction score
I genuinely have no idea how anyone follows/cares about politics anymore. I used to love following politics, but the last six(ish) years have totally killed any hope I had of this country ever returning to any sort of decency. You have liberals who think that retweets and hashtags will save the world on one side and a group of absolutely insane folks like Marjorie Taylor Greene on the other. I honestly don't see how we ever fix it. It has become professional wrestling at this point. Maybe I'm too cynical, but again, I don't see how everyone isn't by now.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I genuinely have no idea how anyone follows/cares about politics anymore. I used to love following politics, but the last six(ish) years have totally killed any hope I had of this country ever returning to any sort of decency. You have liberals who think that retweets and hashtags will save the world on one side and a group of absolutely insane folks like Marjorie Taylor Greene on the other. I honestly don't see how we ever fix it. It has become professional wrestling at this point. Maybe I'm too cynical, but again, I don't see how everyone isn't by now.
I’m afraid it may be that our politicians have finally become a reflection of our citizens.

Jacob

Reaction score
Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but it is very frustrating to watch the left leaning justices on the SCOTUS spout complete misinformation/disinformation about COVID stats today.

Derek00

Reaction score
Not really sure which thread this belongs in, but it is very frustrating to watch the left leaning justices on the SCOTUS spout complete misinformation/disinformation about COVID stats today.
To be fair, it's also extremely frustrating to watch the right wing continue to do this. Outlets like Fox News have caused so many to die because of the lies they've spread. Nothing is a better representation of our current political climate than COVID. We have a virus that is on its way to killing a million people and you have people who still want to argue the validity or seriousness of it. You also have people who will blindly take whatever side they lean and ignore legit doctors and scientists. I've lost a friend to this virus who would constantly tell me how I was dumb for getting vaccinated and how I needed to watch [insert Fox News personality] here for the 'truth'. I hate to get on a soapbox or get confrontational about this junk, but this pandemic is never ending primarily due to the dumbest people in our society. And when I say that I don't just mean conservatives. I have extreme left friends who are just as full of it and make no effort to find the truth. There would be no need for things like mask/vaccine mandates if people actually cared about other people, but no one does that anymore apparently. It's just sad to see what our country has turned into. As I said before in the thread, it's a complete train-wreck of a mess and I don't think there's any way to fix it at this point.

Jacob

Reaction score
To be fair, it's also extremely frustrating to watch the right wing continue to do this. Outlets like Fox News have caused so many to die because of the lies they've spread. Nothing is a better representation of our current political climate than COVID. We have a virus that is on its way to killing a million people and you have people who still want to argue the validity or seriousness of it. You also have people who will blindly take whatever side they lean and ignore legit doctors and scientists. I've lost a friend to this virus who would constantly tell me how I was dumb for getting vaccinated and how I needed to watch [insert Fox News personality] here for the 'truth'. I hate to get on a soapbox or get confrontational about this junk, but this pandemic is never ending primarily due to the dumbest people in our society. And when I say that I don't just mean conservatives. I have extreme left friends who are just as full of it and make no effort to find the truth. There would be no need for things like mask/vaccine mandates if people actually cared about other people, but no one does that anymore apparently. It's just sad to see what our country has turned into. As I said before in the thread, it's a complete train-wreck of a mess and I don't think there's any way to fix it at this point.

I’m sure we could argue different points about the pandemic, fault, etc until we are blue in the face. I don’t disagree that there’s plenty of idiots on both sides. Unfortunately those idiots on the left seem to be the ones making rules that “feel” good but don’t actually accomplish anything. Hence my post in the other thread. I wasn’t able to sit down and have a beer in the Philadelphia airport tonight because I’m not vaccinated, but I could walk 10 feet away and drink a Pepsi and eat the takeout food at a table “outside” of the open air restaurant. There’s no logic there, only an authoritarian urge to “do something!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back