• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCC

Reaction score
I actually do not disagree with this and I think most CDL drivers were doing this anyway for 18-wheelers. Does this apply to all classes though?
All classes except for farm or military(If driver stays within a 150 miles) and if driver is upgrading from a B to an A.

This will hurt trucking companies some, but will really hurt Municipalities, Utilities, small businesses and school systems where either cost or time demands in seat training. Pretty much just added $5000+ dollars on school bus drivers, AL Power truck drivers, propane and dump truck drivers and heavy load delivery drivers such as masonry and lumber.

Now that said, it’s good for me, my value as a CDL A license holder just jumped quite a bit.

Reaction score
All classes except for farm or military(If driver stays within a 150 miles) and if driver is upgrading from a B to an A.

This will hurt trucking companies some, but will really hurt Municipalities, Utilities, small businesses and school systems where either cost or time demands in seat training. Pretty much just added $5000+ dollars on school bus drivers, AL Power truck drivers, propane and dump truck drivers and heavy load delivery drivers such as masonry and lumber.

Now that said, it’s good for me, my value as a CDL A license holder just jumped quite a bit.
Stuff like this is why Amazon was invented, it's simply going to accelerate the demand for automated delivery/drone services from them and other companies.

Last edited:

ARCC

Reaction score
My boss called the closest Trucking school to see how to go about getting the certification and was told the class now required cost $3500 and was a twelve week program of in person class and driving. Absolutely insane.

Amazing how little news this rule change received.

Derek00

Reaction score
I have yet to see an ad out of the Alabama governor candidates (besides Burdette's) that said anything about what they would do for Alabama. It's pandering to the Trump cult and nothing more. What's sad is that is probably going to work.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I have yet to see an ad out of the Alabama governor candidates (besides Burdette's) that said anything about what they would do for Alabama. It's pandering to the Trump cult and nothing more. What's sad is that is probably going to work.
They all want to fight Biden, Pelosi, and the DC elite liberals though... and masks!!! The threat of masks is frightening!... to heck with what is going on in Alabama

Jacob

Reaction score

It could be worse. This woman is running for governor in Georgia

Bus-936x527.jpg

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It could be worse. This woman is running for governor in Georgia

Bus-936x527.jpg
It takes some big cajones to openly support the radical position of being pro-baby, not to mention Jesus and guns in Georgia. Sounds like she has vested a lot of thought into her platform!

Jacob

Reaction score
Russia appears to be full-on invading Ukraine this evening (well I guess tomorrow morning there). Scary times.

Evan

Reaction score
Russia appears to be full-on invading Ukraine this evening (well I guess tomorrow morning there). Scary times.

I hope the supply convoys crossing from Russian territory have to prioritize bringing in body bags by this time next week. Ukraine is out-gunned but they still have the capability to send plenty of Russians to hell and I hope that they will.

Putin is a war criminal.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This has been my narrative this morning because everyone wants to assign blame, and there is plenty to go around.

I think there are at least two key points that have led us to this point.....

1 - After the fall of Germany in 1945, Patton wanted to continue on to Russia. Obviously that idea was struck down.

2 - The 2012 United States Presidential election:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky seems to me like an extremely courageous and patriotic person, a great leader for the Ukrainian people. He is standing his ground for the good of his country. He's giving passionate speeches to rally and strengthen the citizens and armed forces of Ukraine while the threat of him being killed... Is tragically high.. and would certainly be too cumbersome a thought for most to bear.
This is a horrific situation.

ARCC

Reaction score
I’m not saying Trump is the antichrist or anything against Trump or his supporters, but someone needs to tell the Mo Brooks campaign that a statue of person that speaks “truth” is not exactly a good look.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not saying Trump is the antichrist or anything against Trump or his supporters, but someone needs to tell the Mo Brooks campaign that a statue of person that speaks “truth” is not exactly a good look.
Is this a campaign ad? I haven’t seen a single Mo ad yet

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone see Russia escalating an incident that would provoke NATO to use military force?

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone see Russia escalating an incident that would provoke NATO to use military force?
I do not see that happening, but that regime is so crooked they could hide behind a corkscrew.
They have to know without a shadow of a doubt that challenging NATO would be suicide. I could see a stray "event" occuring that was an "accident" but any real action that would provoke a NATO response I presume is well off the table. Unless NATO lowers it's threshold for action, Russia will not blatantly incite such a response. I could see an extreme escalation in war crime tactics and chemical weapons being used to draw in a NATO response however, and what happens from there.... I don't really want to think about it.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I finally saw the first Mo Brooks for Senate TV ad. Also have seen anti-Mo ads for a couple weeks by some PAC that is really after him. Not sure which candidate they are endorsing but they are scorching Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back