• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Right, if I just say something, why should anybody believe me? The evidence is more important.

Because you make your statement with the link to where you received your evidence. By just posting a link you are not saying anything other than here is a link try and guess what I am talking about.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Because you make your statement with the link to where you received your evidence. By just posting a link you are not saying anything other than here is a link try and guess what I am talking about.
The statement was ‘yes’ in reply to your question. The articles are the evidence for my ‘yes’ comment.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Really Gangstonc. I said it was in many news outlets he appeared on. Why do I have to look it up for you?
So gangstonc said it was in the link that he posted. Why does he have to look it up for you?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
So gangstonc said it was in the link that he posted. Why does he have to look it up for you?

It is gangstonc that is trying to defend a specific position by posting a link.

If you were writing a paper, and in the middle of the paper you posted a link to prove a point you were trying to make but put no context to the link in describing your position, do you think the teacher will give you an a based off a link you put in the paper?

My guess would be probably not because it is not the teacher's responsibility to look up what you are trying to talk about. So likewise it is not my responsibility to try and infer from a link posted what is meant. If he can't post his own ideas, then he has no independent ideas and is only regurgitating what someone else put time and effort into research, form a thought and whether I agree or disagree had an idea and wrote an article based on that idea.

Basically I would call someone posting only a link with no independent thought on what they are trying to infer from the article as plagiarism.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It is gangstonc that is trying to defend a specific position by posting a link.

If you were writing a paper, and in the middle of the paper you posted a link to prove a point you were trying to make but put no context to the link in describing your position, do you think the teacher will give you an a based off a link you put in the paper?

My guess would be probably not because it is not the teacher's responsibility to look up what you are trying to talk about. So likewise it is not my responsibility to try and infer from a link posted what is meant. If he can't post his own ideas, then he has no independent ideas and is only regurgitating what someone else put time and effort into research, form a thought and whether I agree or disagree had an idea and wrote an article based on that idea.

Basically I would call someone posting only a link with no independent thought on what they are trying to infer from the article as plagiarism.
I did not know you had the role of the teacher here.

no independent thought was needed. It was simply a factual claim that Trump has lifted sanctions. I posted two articles about him doing that.

I gave you the explanation of my post earlier. I guess you missed it. “Yes”, was my answer to your question. The links were my proof.
This is an Internet forum, Not a dissertation

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I did not know you had the role of the teacher here.

no independent thought was needed. It was simply a factual claim that Trump has lifted sanctions. I posted two articles about him doing that.

I gave you the explanation of my post earlier. I guess you missed it. “Yes”, was my answer to your question. The links were my proof.
This is an Internet forum, Not a dissertation

My intention was not to infer that I was a teacher and that this was a class and you were providing a dissertation (although maybe an essay would help you) but I was putting an example out there.

I am about to show you what your post meant to me.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
In response to all of GangstonC posts

Yes.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
You should give yourself warning points for this.

LOL I will let one of the other Moderators decide my fate if they feel I crossed a line. but I think it illustrates my point quite effectively.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

skelly

Reaction score
This just my opinion but if you’re on tv talking about evidence evidence evidence then you go on record under testimony that there is no evidence that you are aware of then do me a favor and shut up and stop talking about it until you can go gather some evidence that you can actually present under oath.

Philosophical question: Why is dropping of sanctions on individuals here and there that are Russian indicate a conspiracy while wholesale lifting of sanctions against Iran that is overall noncompliant with any demands that the sanctions were to be about well that doesn’t indicate any kind of problem whatsoever, not necessarily of members of this forum, but for the political forces and media forces focused on the Russian hoax/investigation. Yes I said hoax. Because said parties made it into a hoax by having it be about Trump collusion instead of focusing on what Russians actually did.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be one way or the other. Trump vehemently denied Russia interfered. Media ran it into the ground. The parties involved may have shifted their narrative now, but they were both wrong.

skelly

Reaction score
It’s not fun defending Trump but what he vehemently denied was that he and/ or his campaign worked with Russia or that the his election was not legitimate because Russia elected him. I’m sure you can quote him as saying no interference but most people take it the way I just explained. Now I don’t doubt he would have said that it was rigged if Hillary had won. But that’s basically equal to what his opponents in congress and media have been doing since the election.

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It’s not fun defending Trump but what he vehemently denied was that he and/ or his campaign worked with Russia or that the his election was not legitimate because Russia elected him. I’m sure you can quote him as saying no interference but most people take it the way I just explained. Now I don’t doubt he would have said that it was rigged if Hillary had won. But that’s basically equal to what his opponents in congress and media have been doing since the election.

So from what I have said since the transcripts came out, the purpose in my opinion for what the Russians did was to achieve exactly what they have done to our electoral process. Neither side trusts the other, and this country is again further divided. The Russians know that the Divided United States is much weaker than one that is together. Further divide, easier to do things in this world that the United States won't be involved in because we are to busy bickering between ourselves to notice what Russia is doing under the radar.

gangstonc

Reaction score
This just my opinion but if you’re on tv talking about evidence evidence evidence then you go on record under testimony that there is no evidence that you are aware of then do me a favor and shut up and stop talking about it until you can go gather some evidence that you can actually present under oath.

Philosophical question: Why is dropping of sanctions on individuals here and there that are Russian indicate a conspiracy while wholesale lifting of sanctions against Iran that is overall noncompliant with any demands that the sanctions were to be about well that doesn’t indicate any kind of problem whatsoever, not necessarily of members of this forum, but for the political forces and media forces focused on the Russian hoax/investigation. Yes I said hoax. Because said parties made it into a hoax by having it be about Trump collusion instead of focusing on what Russians actually did.
It’s different because Obama dropped sanctions that he enacted as part of a nuclear deal. I know the nuclear deal wasn’t good, but that was the logic
Trump dropped sanctions because he wanted to help his buddies.

skelly

Reaction score
It’s different because Obama dropped sanctions that he enacted as part of a nuclear deal. I know the nuclear deal wasn’t good, but that was the logic
Trump dropped sanctions because he wanted to help his buddies.
Since it wasn’t a good deal I fail to see the difference since I don’t know who Obama was trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back