• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skelly

Reaction score

More retaliation from trump. But nothing will be done about it.

Ok. Let us call for a detailed written justification of his firing. That’s about all. Linick hasn’t done much so don’t know what the retaliatory angle is. He can thank Ted Cruz that he even had the job in the first place. Or more specifically that the state IG position was even filled after standing vacant for all of Hillary’s tenure as Secretary of State. But by all means I would love to hear the details of Trump’s loss of confidence in Linick.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Ok. Let us call for a detailed written justification of his firing. That’s about all. Linick hasn’t done much so don’t know what the retaliatory angle is. He can thank Ted Cruz that he even had the job in the first place. Or more specifically that the state IG position was even filled after standing vacant for all of Hillary’s tenure as Secretary of State. But by all means I would love to hear the details of Trump’s loss of confidence in Linick.
Trump fired him because he started an investigation against Pompeo.

I agree with romney:

Last edited:

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So what exactly is it that Obama has done that have all my Trump loving friends so excited about? Keep seeing references to Obamagate but haven't seen the list of criminal acts posted anywhere yet. Can someone point me to the specifics?

gangstonc

Reaction score
So what exactly is it that Obama has done that have all my Trump loving friends so excited about? Keep seeing references to Obamagate but haven't seen the list of criminal acts posted anywhere yet. Can someone point me to the specifics?
It was very bad crimes. The worst.

““Obamagate.” It’s been going on for a long time. It’s been going on from before I even got elected. And it’s a disgrace that it happened. And if you look at what’s gone on, and if you look at, now, all of this information that’s being released — and from what I understand, that’s only the beginning — some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country again.

And you’ll be seeing what’s going on over the next — over the coming weeks. “

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A Tweet For Everything: Part 4,365,813

1590851164089.png

Evan

Reaction score
A Tweet For Everything: Part 4,365,813

View attachment 3689

I'm afraid tonight is going to be the turning point in whether or not these protests and riots accelerate, or if authorities are able to reassert control.

I'm 100% supportive of the protests focused on George Floyd's death.

I'm 0% supportive of any rioting, violence, looting, property damage, etc.

I know some protesters are trying to police their own, but I don't expect they'll be too successful against the out-of-state anarchists and crap-stirrers. From what I've read, most of the violence in Minneapolis has been from out-of-state people who came in specifically to lead activities toward violence and looting.

Yes, locals in all areas have participated some in the looting and violence, but I remain convinced the principal architects of the rioting and looting are the same professional protesters, anarchists, and crazies that always inflame large protests and call for violence.

Trump needs to be extremely careful in how he responds. If people don't realize it yet, these protests and riots are about a whole hell of a lot more than George Floyd's death. They're about all the socially divisive events of the last 20 years plus the economic uncertainty caused by COVID, automation, wealth inequality, etc.

Sadly, a ton of innocent business owners and property owners have had significant losses in the past few days due to the failings of our government at all levels. Same goes for those physically victimized by rioters. Our government, from the local level to the White House, has struggled for months now to protect their citizens while preserving their freedom and liberty.

Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping couldn't be happier. They've always known they'll never be able to defeat the United States' military, or overtake our leadership on the world stage using conventional means. You cannot defeat a lone global superpower through direct confrontation or war. You defeat them by exploiting their internal weaknesses -- unity, shared culture, patriotism, and trust in core institutions. All the military spending in the world won't prevent us from destroying ourselves from within.

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be rational and well thought out

If it’s like anything else he’s done, he’ll probably do something mostly sane, and then tweet something out that completely craps on what he’s hoping to achieve.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
This article expounds on some of the points Evan has made about Trump in previous posts...

Jacob

Reaction score
Does anybody else think something about these riots "stinks"? The right is pointing at Antifa and some factions of BLM starting the trouble, the left is pointing at infiltration by White Nationalists starting the trouble (and I suppose it is possible that all 3 of those groups are causing some of the trouble), but regardless of who is doing it, it seems to be a loosely coordinated deal across multiple cities.

Perhaps the biggest disgrace with all of the rioting and looting is how much it hurts the causes of the peaceful protesters. In the other race-related events of the past decade, there were generally two sides that most people fell into and the facts left enough up in the air for that to be the case. (mainly thinking Zimmerman/Martin and the Ferguson stuff). This event, I don't know anybody that has watched the video and not been disgusted with the actions of that officer. Virtually everybody agrees that was excessive use of force, and that the cop should face murder charges.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

It turns out that preachers don’t like for people to get hurt so their churches can be used for a photo op.

Just watch your social media tomorrow and see how many of your conservative Christian friends post this pic and write about how lucky we are to have such a great man of God leading our country... I'm betting mine will be full of them

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Just watch your social media tomorrow and see how many of your conservative Christian friends post this pic and write about how lucky we are to have such a great man of God leading our country... I'm betting mine will be full of them
Ok I will start, Yes It is my opinion that he believes in Jesus Christ and God. However I disagree with the photo op. He could have used the opportunity to say something other than we have a great country. Yes we have a great country, but if he is going to stand there in front of the church holding a bible, he needs to give an inspirational speech, one that can help diminish this, bring us together as Christ would want us to, but instead he stood there like he didn't know what to say which I find odd for a man who often times says more than he should. Christ is to be spread across the world as beacon of hope and love, not to be used as a tool to progress one's personal agenda. The Bishop is absolutely correct in his statement.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Ok I will start, Yes It is my opinion that he believes in Jesus Christ and God. However I disagree with the photo op. He could have used the opportunity to say something other than we have a great country. Yes we have a great country, but if he is going to stand there in front of the church holding a bible, he needs to give an inspirational speech, one that can help diminish this, bring us together as Christ would want us to, but instead he stood there like he didn't know what to say which I find odd for a man who often times says more than he should. Christ is to be spread across the world as beacon of hope and love, not to be used as a tool to progress one's personal agenda. The Bishop is absolutely correct in his statement.
Believing in Jesus Christ and God doesn't make you a good Christian, though. I know lots of people that believe but disregard the teachings. Being a believer in God and being a "great man of God" are very different things.

One minor correction for you: The Bishop is a female.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Believing in Jesus Christ and God doesn't make you a good Christian, though. I know lots of people that believe but disregard the teachings. Being a believer in God and being a "great man of God" are very different things.

One minor correction for you: The Bishop is a female.

I didn't pay attention to whom the Bishop is. But thank you. And yes you are absolutely correct. Even Christ had issues with "Religious" Followers. They crucified him.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I will start, Yes It is my opinion that he believes in Jesus Christ and God.
I don't think he does... or he may say he does but he would only say that for political opportunism. My reasoning... he shows none of the Fruits of the Spirit we read about in Galatians that true Believers display in their lives and when asked,,, he has said he doesn't regret never having asked God for forgiveness and doesn't like to do that. Has nothing to apologize for

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I don't think he does... or he may say he does but he would only say that for political opportunism. My reasoning... he shows none of the Fruits of the Spirit we read about in Galatians that true Believers display in their lives and when asked,,, he has said he doesn't regret never having asked God for forgiveness and doesn't like to do that. Has nothing to apologize for

Honestly man I have believed in Jesus and God my entire life. That doesn't mean I followed him my entire life. I said he believes. I didn't say he follows. Difference in wording. I wish he would follow as I would wish any man or woman would follow.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don’t see how we can prove that he believes. All I have seen is that he nakedly uses religion for personal and political gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back