• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Because the republicans wouldn’t agree to oversight on the 500 billion in corporate bailouts. Republicans wanted less oversight than TARP. Democrats wanted more.
Had a feeling it would be something like that. Republicans were just too happy to give money away all of a sudden. Definitely need some controls in place on this but it needs to be quick.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Had a feeling it would be something like that. Republicans were just too happy to give money away all of a sudden. Definitely need some controls in place on this but it needs to be quick.
They needed it done before the markets opened.

Kory

Reaction score
Isn’t it important we find a way to vote without transmitting the disease?
Isn’t it important we find a way to vote without transmitting the disease?
How about we cut the package deal BS? Address the crisis at hand. Oh, how about the provision for diversity on corporate executive boards? Glad that’s going to fix the skyrocketing people on unemployment rolls and without income.

oh, and the reports of Dems trying to sneak in credits for wind and solar energy? Why are they trying to load this with pork? HELP THE AMERICANS WITHOUT INCOME BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SHUT THINGS DOWN. DAMN IT.

Jacob

Reaction score
How about we cut the package deal BS? Address the crisis at hand. Oh, how about the provision for diversity on corporate executive boards? Glad that’s going to fix the skyrocketing people on unemployment rolls and without income.

oh, and the reports of Dems trying to sneak in credits for wind and solar energy? Why are they trying to load this with pork? HELP THE AMERICANS WITHOUT INCOME BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SHUT THINGS DOWN. DAMN IT.

This is nothing more than a political dog and pony show. They loaded it with as much pork as they could, knowing that in turn the Republicans would turn it down. Then they’ll run to the media about how the Republicans won’t pass legislation to help the American people, and the media will be all too happy to run with it.

The Republican senate bill was far from perfect, but it’s a heck of a lot better than that pile of dung the House has come up with.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
Our govt is broken. The republicans were just trying to help their big corporate friends. The democrats want their pet projects.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Our govt is broken. The republicans were just trying to help their big corporate friends. The democrats want their pet projects.
#NailedIt

Kory

Reaction score
Here we go folks. This thread is all the demands that torpedoed the COVID help bill. Sounds like they tried to force pieces of the new green deal into a stimulus. The federal stimulus bill should not be intended for this. It is not a general federal budget bill.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Here we go folks. This thread is all the demands that torpedoed the COVID help bill. Sounds like they tried to force pieces of the new green deal into a stimulus. The federal stimulus bill should not be intended for this. It is not a general federal budget bill.

First and foremost, as a resident of Arkansas, I wouldn't believe anything Tom Cotton says is 100% true. He is a moron and just publishes whatever message he is told to publish. While I am sure there is some truth to all that, I'm also sure there are a few of his pet projects in there that he doesn't want to discuss. I want to see companies held accountable to keeping jobs and not just taking the money, laying off everyone and running. Please note this is about as passionate of a post you are going to see from me on a politics thread. Tom Cotton is to never be trusted. What is Shelby saying?

None of the BS Tom Cotton is saying because unlike Cotton, Shelby is working the issues not trying to force through crappy recovery that doesn't really help people recover.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Can we use the $50 billion earmarked for the airlines towards individuals and just let them all fail? They almost all treat customers terribly and I don't want my taxmoney going to support their poorly run businesses. Let the strong survive. The market will determine which ones stay afloat.

Kory

Reaction score
Can we use the $50 billion earmarked for the airlines towards individuals and just let them all fail? They almost all treat customers terribly and I don't want my taxmoney going to support their poorly run businesses. Let the strong survive. The market will determine which ones stay afloat.
Bingo. Same for cruise lines...they choose to manipulate things to get out of paying taxes in the US. But they’re begging for a bailout? Buzz off.

Oh, that’s another thing in Nancy’s 1400 page stimulus. A plane buy back (similar to cash for clunkers) to help the airline industry become more environmentally friendly. Lol!

Kory

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
I wonder why Nancy Pelosi gaveled the House of Rep out of session after 3 minutes and will not start the process of getting the bipartisan legislation from the Senate to a vote? I hope voters remember this come November. She’s probably safe due to her seat in that anal wart district of hers.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I wonder why Nancy Pelosi gaveled the House of Rep out of session after 3 minutes and will not start the process of getting the bipartisan legislation from the Senate to a vote? I hope voters remember this come November. She’s probably safe due to her seat in that anal wart district of hers.
Apparently it’s because they are going to do a remote vote for safety.

Kory

Reaction score
You think she would’ve had a plan in place for that. Americans continue to struggle and hospitals need the money desperately for this. But hey, let’s wait another day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back