• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
LOL Draftkings getting desperate

1584297054661.png

Kory

Reaction score
This is wholly irresponsible. Biden and his campaign should be ashamed. They should be pushing for postponing the primaries, not encouraging people to go out and potentially expose other people...considering the asymptomatic nature of some people.

Also, can someone explain what "not at risk of being exposed to COVID-19" means? Doesn't sound very science-y.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe be a good day for the markets tomorrow...

March 15 (UPI) -- The Federal Reserve on Sunday cut interest rates to zero on Sunday in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.

The Federal Market Committee made the decision to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to 1/4 percent expecting to maintain that target range until it is "confident the economy has weathered" the impact of the coronavirus outbreak."

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

Kory

Reaction score
So how would you suggest they get home?
It's not the fact of them having to come home...why are they even bothering to "screen" people if they're just taking their temperature with a quick ear measurement and then telling them to self-quarantine?

"Okay, now that you've waited in line for 7 hours coming in contact with dozens of people, it looks like you're running a fever." How is that helping?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I have no idea. I do not claim to be an expert or even know why they do the things they do. But I am glad they did allow the people to come home verses being stranded abroad.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
They should have held them on the tarmac and only let off so many at a time.

How would that have been any different? You have a bunch of people who are all coming from at risk countries. I just don't really think it mattered at this point. We can all speculate and say this or that would have fixed the problem or slowed it down. The only sure way I know is to ask God to help heal the people infected and slow the spread and remove it from us.

Kory

Reaction score
How would that have been any different? You have a bunch of people who are all coming from at risk countries. I just don't really think it mattered at this point. We can all speculate and say this or that would have fixed the problem or slowed it down. The only sure way I know is to ask God to help heal the people infected and slow the spread and remove it from us.
I certainly think it would have helped considering we're still trying to "flatten the curve." This will likely steepen the curve.

And one plane at a time is a few hundred versus dumping thousands into long wait lines. Less people exposed...the better.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I mean maybe, but we just don't know, do we?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They should have held them on the tarmac and only let off so many at a time.
Some of the airlines requested this via a waiver to the tarmac delay rules. It was turned down.

I agree this was very poorly handled.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So you take them from groups of 200 in close contact to a group of thousands. It’s a textbook case of what not to do.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
They wouldn’t have all come at the game time if Trump had not screwed up his speech.
Ok, I didn't watch his speech so I must be clueless to what he said in his speech that causes everyone to come home at the "same" time. Probably the fact that they were closing travel between Europe and other countries to the U.S. But what do I know. Trump's fault right?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
So you take them from groups of 200 in close contact to a group of thousands. It’s a textbook case of what not to do.

So is O'Hare Trump's fault or the people who organized this fault? Why can't things just be? It is always someone's fault. How many Airports have you been in charge where people were coming home in droves from countries with outbreaks?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't watch his speech so I must be clueless to what he said in his speech that causes everyone to come home at the "same" time. Probably the fact that they were closing travel between Europe and other countries to the U.S. But what do I know. Trump's fault right?
That one is exactly on trump. Solely his fault.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So is O'Hare Trump's fault or the people who organized this fault? Why can't things just be? It is always someone's fault. How many Airports have you been in charge where people were coming home in droves from countries with outbreaks?
It’s a federal govt fault, which falls under the top leader. These airports are under federal jurisdiction.
I haven’t been in charge of one. I haven’t told people I’m the best and hire the best to handle these situations.

I haven’t told people “we have this contained.” I haven’t told people “it will go away.”

I do know that if I saw an 8 hour line my response would not have been, “don’t take pictures.” And to yell at the governor that requested assistance. Ridiculous.

And again, the people would not have come all it once if trump had not bungled the speech.

I’m a business owner. I have had to take the fall for my employees doing something stupid without my permission or knowledge more than once. It’s called leadership. I’m not the best leader, but I at least make the attempt.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The fed lowered interest rates to 0. Then the futures hit the limit down.
We are running out of bullets and we are nowhere near a bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back