2020 Political Thread (1 Viewer)

gangstonc

You think she would’ve had a plan in place for that. Americans continue to struggle and hospitals need the money desperately for this. But hey, let’s wait another day!
She started working with the lawyers in the rules before a deal was made.
I think the bigger issue is three days of negotiation for not much difference.

Kory

She started working with the lawyers in the rules before a deal was made.
I think the bigger issue is three days of negotiation for not much difference.
Agreed on that last part. Our government is embarrassing. They force shut downs, so people can’t work but have no plan when they’re laid off. Unemployment pays a fraction of what people make. Again, you would think that they would have seen this coming...and maybe planned ahead.

Evan

Can we use the $50 billion earmarked for the airlines towards individuals and just let them all fail? They almost all treat customers terribly and I don't want my taxmoney going to support their poorly run businesses. Let the strong survive. The market will determine which ones stay afloat.
The part of the bill that helps Boeing is absolutely disgusting

I urge everyone to read the full article. Boeing's arrogance is incredible in light of their accomplishments of the past few years. How many innocent people did they kill due to greed again? In addition to their arrogance, the fact that Congress is willing to accept that arrogance and give them help they claim they can get elsewhere is infuriating.

Everyone remember Enron, the nasty arrogant banks/financial firms from 2008, etc? Sounds like Boeing has decided to become a card-carrying member of that hated class. I used to have a significant amount of respect for Boeing. Not anymore. They are God awful. I'd wish them to fail if it wouldn't cost normal people their jobs. Their entire leadership team and board should be forced into indentured servitude in a Botswanan gold mine for the next 20 years. Check in after the 20 years is up and see if they've humbled themselves any.

Boeing saying "give us what we want exactly how we want it or we'll get it somewhere else" is something both Congress and Trump should've thrown back into their face. Unfreakingbelievable. Instead they gave them close to 20 billion.

Kory

Furthermore, the bill hasn’t been introduced to the House by the Senate. There was nothing to be done in the House today regarding this.
Yeah this is turning into a clusterfrick in the Senate. Graham, Scott, and Sasse have objections to the unemployment benefits paying more than some jobs. Bernie Sanders now objecting to the $500 corporate stimulus package.

This is why we don’t need comprehensive 1400 page bills. Meanwhile, rent is due on the 1st and many Americans might not have the means to pay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)