• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

2020 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Now do abortion,Nancy

the hypocrisy of our govt leaders with respect to this is ridiculous. The Dems are only pro life if you are old enough to care for yourself. The republicans think you are expendable for the sake of the economy.

Kory

Reaction score
Who folds better?

Bernie?
93577957_2712612848956613_3692242681242583040_n.jpg

Or this chair?
beige-folding-chairs-sc004x001a-64_300.jpg

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So what is y'alls take on Biden vs Trump?

Personally I'll probably vote for Biden, being the lesser of two evils... I'm not happy about it whatsoever, but I'd rather an established politician than Trump. Even if Biden is getting horrendous at public speaking, I think he could manage things pretty well with his lifelong experience. I'd imagine he would appoint people who could steer his agenda in the right direction (and would actually listen), whereas Trump has pieced together a fluid office of perpetual uncertainty.
That being said, Trump hasn't done as bad as I thought he might, but I couldn't vote for someone with his personality and ego. I can't really bash Trump for being a crook and not sound hypocritical when it comes to Biden either. I do think Trump is the more crooked though.

South Park couldn't have said it better over a decade and a half ago, you get to choose between a poop sandwich or a giant private part cleaner. But you need to vote!

Third party candidate .. feels like a rationale and reasonable protest vote to make (Especially in Alabama) but unless the third party candidate had a remotely slim chance it wouldn't be even worth the drive to me.

Kory

Reaction score
Weird how mainstream democrats whose rallying call was the #MeToo movement are suddenly shying away from Tara Reade’s account. I guess that goes all out the window the minute a serial sexual harasser and, if accounts are true, rapist is the presumptive nominee. Biden said himself believe all women, so which is it? And of course the media is playing soft with the accusation. I would expect nothing less.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So what is y'alls take on Biden vs Trump?

Personally I'll probably vote for Biden, being the lesser of two evils... I'm not happy about it whatsoever, but I'd rather an established politician than Trump. Even if Biden is getting horrendous at public speaking, I think he could manage things pretty well with his lifelong experience. I'd imagine he would appoint people who could steer his agenda in the right direction (and would actually listen), whereas Trump has pieced together a fluid office of perpetual uncertainty.
That being said, Trump hasn't done as bad as I thought he might, but I couldn't vote for someone with his personality and ego. I can't really bash Trump for being a crook and not sound hypocritical when it comes to Biden either. I do think Trump is the more crooked though.

South Park couldn't have said it better over a decade and a half ago, you get to choose between a poop sandwich or a giant private part cleaner. But you need to vote!

Third party candidate .. feels like a rationale and reasonable protest vote to make (Especially in Alabama) but unless the third party candidate had a remotely slim chance it wouldn't be even worth the drive to me.
Being in Alabama, I will most likely vote for a third candidate. If I was in a swing state, I would gladly vote for Biden as a vote against Trump.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I’m hoping the Dems will draft Cuomo at their convention and Joe politely steps aside. With Biden as the candidate I’m thinking the Dems are handing Trump 4 more years on a silver platter

Kory

Reaction score
More on Tara Reade’s story since the press wants to pretend it doesn’t exist.

Reade now says that in the spring or early summer of 1993, when she brought Biden his gym bag in a hallway of the Russell Senate Office Building at a supervisor’s request, Biden abruptly pushed her against the wall, kissed her, got his hand under her skirt and penetrated her with his fingers.

Kory

Reaction score
I think there needs to be a spirited debate at the Democratic National Convention to assess...is Biden really the type of person they want leading their party? Is this the type of person they want potentially leading the country?

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
I think there needs to be a spirited debate at the Democratic National Convention to money makers...is Biden really the type of person they want leading their party? Is this the type of person they want potentially leading the country?
You are correct.

While the nation will have to decide if it’s better to have a man who has assaulted one woman or 23.

Kory

Reaction score
You are correct.

While the nation will have to decide if it’s better to have a man who has assaulted one woman or 23.
Biden has numerous accounts of sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact with females. I think it’s disgusting that out of a country of 330 million, this is the best we can do. But until we have a majority stand up and say “this is enough”, it will keep happening.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I think there needs to be a spirited debate at the Democratic National Convention to assess...is Biden really the type of person they want leading their party? Is this the type of person they want potentially leading the country?
See my comment a couple above yours

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The thin ice may be cracking for the Dems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back