• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
And another government that was involved in the worst attack on American soil resulting in thousands of deaths.

Why do time and time again do we bend over backward for Saudis and their government?
Gangstonc beat me to it

IMG1291124898177921989.jpg

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Again, in today’s proceedings, the republicans are not able to defend trump, but only able to attack the Democrat’s process.

I think that is the issue they have. The Democrats have not been open and honest about the process. I point back to the video I posted last week.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I think that is the issue they have. The Democrats have not been open and honest about the process. I point back to the video I posted last week.
I think they have been open and honest, they are just trying to move too fast around Trump's dishonesty. Remember, this impeachment is taking longer than Clintons.

If they truly feel what they are saying is true and has merit, that should be a different case. This case should be about Trump's guilt or innocence.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The IG report today concluded the Russia investigation was in fact not a witch hunt.

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."

"Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation."

"These officials, though, did not become aware of Steele's election reporting until weeks laterand we therefore determined that Steele's reports played no role in the Crossfire Hurricane opening."

"In this review, we found that, while Lisa Page attended some of the discussions regarding the opening of the investigations, she did not play a role in the decision to open Crossfire Hurricane or the four individual cases. We further found that while Strzok was directly involved in the decisions to open Crossfire Hurricane and the four individual cases, he was not the sole, or even the highest-level, decision maker as to any of those matters."

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. We similarly found that, while the formal documentation opening each of the four individual investigations was approved by Strzok (as required by the DIOG), the decisions to do so were reached by a consensus among the Crossfire Hurricane agents and analysts who identified individuals associated with the Trump campaign who had recently traveled to Russia or had other alleged ties to Russia. Priestap was involved in these decisions. We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

I wonder what the Matt's of the world will say about it.

Kory

Reaction score
The IG report today concluded the Russia investigation was in fact not a witch hunt.

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."

"Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation."

"These officials, though, did not become aware of Steele's election reporting until weeks laterand we therefore determined that Steele's reports played no role in the Crossfire Hurricane opening."

"In this review, we found that, while Lisa Page attended some of the discussions regarding the opening of the investigations, she did not play a role in the decision to open Crossfire Hurricane or the four individual cases. We further found that while Strzok was directly involved in the decisions to open Crossfire Hurricane and the four individual cases, he was not the sole, or even the highest-level, decision maker as to any of those matters."

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. We similarly found that, while the formal documentation opening each of the four individual investigations was approved by Strzok (as required by the DIOG), the decisions to do so were reached by a consensus among the Crossfire Hurricane agents and analysts who identified individuals associated with the Trump campaign who had recently traveled to Russia or had other alleged ties to Russia. Priestap was involved in these decisions. We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

I wonder what the Matt's of the world will say about it.
You conveniently left out the numerous errors/omissions made to give the allure of a stronger than actual case.

But hey, just like every investigative report, each side will spin it the way they want. You hate Trump, worst thing ever to happen to him. You love Trump, this exonerates him.

But Horowitz also found a total of 17 “basic and fundamental” errors and omissions in the original application and all subsequent renewals to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA). Those errors made the case appear stronger than it was, Horowitz said.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
You conveniently left out the numerous errors/omissions made to give the allure of a stronger than actual case.

But hey, just like every investigative report, each size will spin it the way they want. You hate Trump, worst thing ever to happen to him. You love Trump, this exonerates him.

It's not that I don't think mistakes were made. It's that I believe in a large scale investigation mistakes will be made. The bottom line is these mistakes weren't made maliciously as Trump (and Barr) contend.

Further, these mistakes should not be tolerated and everything should be done to ensure they don't happen again.

There is a reason why Fox News cancelled Comey’s appearance.

Last edited:

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And now the main event...

Tomorrow will be interesting with the Democrats planning to bring forward two articles of impeachment. Makes you wonder if they are drafting more than two.

gangstonc

Reaction score

Tomorrow will be interesting with the Democrats planning to bring forward two articles of impeachment. Makes you wonder if they are drafting more.

Gates’ sentencing has been pushed back one day as well. That seems odd to me. I wonder why the govt feels like they need the extra day.
Part of me hopes Rudy will come back from Ukraine and be met by police. But, it’s probably just a procedural thing.

I think the Dems only have a strong case for two counts.

Kory

Reaction score

Tomorrow will be interesting with the Democrats planning to bring forward two articles of impeachment. Makes you wonder if they are drafting more than two.

Yeah, because I don't see "bribery" as one of the charges, which I thought was the whole point of this.

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't have a comment on the impeachment stuff one way or the other, but I'd say based on the most recent polling, it isn't going so well for the Dems.

Picture4.png

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don't have a comment on the impeachment stuff one way or the other, but I'd say based on the most recent polling, it isn't going so well for the Dems.

Picture4.png
That's a pretty republican leaning firm and poll. I'm not saying it's wrong, because I haven't checked others, but be careful.

My understanding is that their methods are pretty sound, and I can definitely see those numbers being correct.

Jacob

Reaction score
That's a pretty republican leaning firm and poll. I'm not saying it's wrong, because I haven't checked others, but be careful.

My understanding is that their methods are pretty sound, and I can definitely see those numbers being correct.

I don't necessarily trust any particular poll, but the general trend was what was interesting. State data like that is still pretty limited right now, and I couldn't find much to compare it to (that was recent anyhow).

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don't necessarily trust any particular poll, but the general trend was what was interesting. State data like that is still pretty limited right now, and I couldn't find much to compare it to (that was recent anyhow).
You are exactly right. There isn't a lot of state data (that we can see). The democrats better be careful!

I really don't understand the democrats rush to get this to the senate.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score

Picture4.png
Yeah, I covered this in a previous post. Many polls are showing slipping support for impeachment among independents and in swing states. I guess it’s two fold: first, the American people don’t like long, drawn out investigations (whether that be right or wrong, I’m not making a judgement on). It’s been in the news cycle for weeks if not longer with mainstream media talking heads hyperbolically making claims against Trump. Secondly, we’ve seen the Dems scream impeachment over and over and over again. Trump, Kavanaugh, Trump again, etc. They may or may not be making a legitimate case this time, but it has become the same song and dance yet again. The average less politically savvy don’t care anymore. It’s evident by numerous polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back