• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
The republican rebuttal to impeachment is live. It contains this gem in the third paragraph.
192EA203-90B2-4EA7-94B5-4F30441D1944.jpeg
I guess all of the witnesses and the WB they wanted to out don’t count?! What did they all go to lawyers and their superiors about?

34ABBDAD-8677-4C4D-A45C-F2FBA6865937.jpeg
I guess we are supposed to read this part without thinking about the $2.4 million trump got from Ukrainian oligarchs.

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
CNN said:
Kelly backed up McGahn's testimony
The document dump sheds new light on what Mueller learned from former White House chief of staff John Kelly, who sat for an interview in August 2018.
Investigators quizzed Kelly about Trump's efforts to fire Mueller in June 2017, and his efforts to contain the fallout when The New York Times revealed the unsuccessful attempt in a January 2018 article. The Mueller report determined that there was substantial evidence that both of these episodes constituted obstruction of justice, though Trump could not be charged due to Justice Department policy
I'm reminded of the brief Mueller press conference. It's just incredible to me that a democratically elected individual representing the most powerful and wealthy country... which prides itself on freedom and fairness.. could get away with this blatant corruption. A recognized chronic liar & manipulator could saturate the public perspective with so much cow manure that people disregard the stink that's degrading any influence or reliability we have left to other countries and their citizens.
Domestically it could be a good thing if people realize how polarized things have gotten and how irreparably harmful it is to our society to continue on this path. I can only hope that there's a wave of supporting compromise that floods the nation - and that the citizens who realize it will have enough power and influence to set things straight. I'm very empathetic to Evan on this front when he talks about the long term consequences of today's actions and the civil response to it.

The people wanted a political outsider and with good intentions. It turns out that outsider has only exacerbated the divide that we so desperately need to mend.

Kory

Reaction score
This is great news! Exercise your freedom and liberties as an American.

The FBI fielded more than 200,000 background checks on Black Friday gun purchases, continuing a steady surge this year following a series of mass shootings that have renewed calls for more restrictive gun laws.

In all, the bureau posted 202,465 checks Friday, an 11% increase from last year and falling just short of the single-day record: 203,086 in 2017.
While background checks, required for purchases at federally licensed firearm dealers, are not a measure of actual gun sales, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System is a way to gauge market demand. The number of firearms sold Friday is likely higher because multiple firearms can be included in one transaction by a single buyer.

Black Friday traditionally has been one of the busiest for FBI analysts, but this year's one-day number comes amid rising monthly volumes that are approaching the one-year record of 27.5 million in 2016.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Kamala Harris drops out of 2020 Presidential Race after sharp slide in polling numbers

I would imagine she is trying to set herself up as a VP candidate.

The House Impeachment Report shows several calls between Nunes and Parnas. Nunes should have recused. Parnas has to testify.

Also shows Rudy calling the Office of Management and Budget. I can't think of a reasonable reason for him to do that.

Kory

Reaction score
Kamala Harris drops out of 2020 Presidential Race after sharp slide in polling numbers

Geez, who would’ve thought making the dismantling of healthcare coverage for 180+ million Americans the cornerstone of a campaign would tank it?

Evan

Reaction score
I will be extremely disappointed in the entire Republican Party if they don’t turn on Nunes.

Not sure why you think this is even remotely possible. They're not going to do anything other than praise Nunes and give him more enhanced leadership roles and power.

Kory

Reaction score
Umm what? Either he’s doing irreparable harm to the country and this needs immediate attention or this isn’t very important. The second message is what you’re implying by going this very thing...

gangstonc

Reaction score
During today's questioning, I again found it very telling how many republicans did not use their minutes for questioning the witnesses, but instead made speeches attacking the process. They know what trump did can't be defended. The facts aren't on his side.

Kory

Reaction score
During today's questioning, I again found it very telling how many republicans did not use their minutes for questioning the witnesses, but instead made speeches attacking the process. They know what trump did can't be defended. The facts aren't on his side.
Yet, independent voters in swing states oppose impeachment. Add in the fact public interest is waning. I just don’t see this going anywhere as each and every day we hear how this can’t get any worse for Trump. His defense is defenseless. Etc. I believe the voters will choose the future of the country next year. And given the declining public interest, voters don’t seem very concerned.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Yet, independent voters in swing states oppose impeachment. Add in the fact public interest is waning. I just don’t see this going anywhere as each and every day we hear how this can’t get any worse for Trump. His defense is defenseless. Etc. I believe the voters will choose the future of the country next year. And given the declining public interest, voters don’t seem very concerned.

The thing I don’t like is that all of that about trumps defense being defenseless, etc. is true. But the Dems arent pushing people like Pompeo and Mulvaney to testify. They aren’t pushing the WH to stop obstructing and ignoring the subpoenas. It’s ridiculous.

overall, the polls are pretty flat for support of impeachment.

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
The thing I don’t like is that all of that about trumps defense being defenseless, etc. is true. But the Dems arent pushing people like Pompeo and Mulvaney to testify. They aren’t pushing the WH to stop obstructing and ignoring the subpoenas. It’s ridiculous.

I don't thkn Pompeo and Mulvaney are going to be add anything they do not already know. And the WH is using executive Privilege. Only the Supreme Court can rule whether Executive Privilege applies or not. So he isn't obstructing he is using a technique that the Supreme Court can overrule.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I don't thkn Pompeo and Mulvaney are going to be add anything they do not already know. And the WH is using executive Privilege. Only the Supreme Court can rule whether Executive Privilege applies or not. So he isn't obstructing he is using a technique that the Supreme Court can overrule.
Does executive privilege apply to things that occurred before a president was elected? He's defied congressional subpoenas on past financial records.
Besides that, does executive privilege apply to the presidential staffers like the white house says it does after they've ordered them to defy subpoenas as well?

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Does executive privilege apply to things that occurred before a president was elected? He's defied congressional subpoenas on past financial records.
Besides that, does executive privilege apply to the presidential staffers like the white house says it does after they've ordered them to defy subpoenas as well?

I cannot speak intelligently on Subpoenas on Financial records. However if you feel that Trump's financial records are important to an investigation, then I guess go for them. But riddle me this batman, why was it OK for Obama to seal his financial records, college transcripts, and even his birth certificate. Apples to Apples if we want to go down that road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back