• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

1/6-1/7 Winter Storm Potential Thread

bingcrosbyb

Reaction score
03z SREF seems to take into account the warm nose aloft. It shows around 0.5" mean total QPF for Birmingham, but only 2.15" of snow. So we lose potentially 3" of snow due to freezing rain/sleet p-types.

Currently 31F on I-459.

ShowMeYourTDs

Reaction score
6z GFS Cobb totals for ATL: 0.75" of ZR, 6.3" of SN (From a ratio of 18:1)

Temps are slowly sliding down. I'm guessing we may have already seen our highs for the day. Oddly enough at my station last night, I had a prevailing south wind the majority of the time & I've managed to get down to 36. Woke up this morning at 38

Brax

Reaction score
Temps are slowly sliding down. I'm guessing we may have already seen our highs for the day. Oddly enough at my station last night, I had a prevailing south wind the majority of the time & I've managed to get down to 36. Woke up this morning at 38

I hope you're right, but ALL the models seem to want to bring us up at least 3 degrees from 8am temps.

Blountwolf

PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
snowcoming2.jpg

A big mess coming...

tagat

Reaction score
Also per Spann:
James Spann ‏@spann 8m8 minutes ago

Some icy spots are possible through midday, but main impact for Central Alabama comes from 4p-2a with sleet/snow

C1fnnXpWQAANCrO.jpg

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Lightly snowing here. Not sticking to the ground much yet. My uncle lives in Corinth, MS and he said they have about an inch down there.

Back