• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX 1/24/21-1/26/21 Severe Event (Fultondale, AL)

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Knowing the background state we have, seeing how easily a wide warm sector with favorable boundary layer moisture and a large EML plume all got together... and now what such a marginal situation has produced as a result... let this be a warning to you for what's coming over these next few months. This is a warning shot.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Parts of northern Fultondale is damaged. Shell gas station took damage.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Two more lined up behind this one like waves breaking on a beach, with shear increasing the further east they get this might not be all.

Those isolated cells in S MS look mean but not much low level shear to make 'em spin

Reaction score
Funny thing is I had my local (MKX) radar up on GR Level 3 to watch our snow event here tonight, noticed there was a tornado warning somewhere in the country and instinctively checked out BMX first and there it was.

RF16Gold

Reaction score
Spann just said there was CAD in Anniston today and atmosphere was much cooler. Not accurate at all. Reached the 70s with some sun. Now 68 with 63 dp. Been muggy all day. Tornado Watch now for Calhoun. Don’t let the guard down in Calhoun Counfy area.

MichelleH

Reaction score
Debris height and observed damage definitely indicate we've got at least an EF2 here, but will leave that to the experts. No weak little spin-up for sure.

I'm seeing in comments on Facebook there could be people trapped in what's left of homes. :(

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Entrapment, hotel evacuation due to gas leak... this was a really bad one. Not exactly surprising given the setup but wow was the placement very unfortunate.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That segment about to move into NW Jefferson isn't much on velocity yet but given the reflectivity presentation I wouldn't be at all shocked if that one started ramping up too. Long night for Jefferson county.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Justin came across structural damage of what looked like EF3 easily.

Logo 468x120
Back