Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - December 8th-10th, 2023

KevinH

Reaction score
Well @KevinH I called it so.....
I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reaction score
0Z is in...a good bit slower with the system (18Z was likewise slower than 12Z, this is slower still) and with quite a bit juicier air streaming north to central IL/IN. Still quite paltry to non-existent CAPE depicted up there but where have we seen this story before...

LintLicker919

Reaction score
I logged in just to say it feels like it is *always* in west Alabama. I don’t have anything worth saying so I just lurk normally. Stay safe fellow Alabama people (and everyone obviously)
As a lifelong resident of east central Alabama, more central than east, I feel this lol. We can use the Storm radar app and watch a severe storm just part like the Red Sea or completely dissipate as it approaches Pell City/Lake Logan Martin where we live. Sometimes I feel like we live under a dome!

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just based off the latest euro along , veering off the winds is a concern for sure . And slower solution. Trend continues you see spc expand the risk zone more north…. Man the winds are really backed on models …. Think we are definitely heading something towards a higher risk outlook moving forward

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just a note... you may see radar sites down occasionally this week in the threat area. Right now, it is just for routine quick maintenance, besides for KLIX and KBMX. I fully expect BMX to be finished by the weekend.

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This brief says it'll be back up by Dec. 11 but hopefully it'll be a bit sooner.
Yeah, I know when they did Columbus AFB it was done a few days early.

Back