Logo 468x120

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat - December 8th-10th, 2023

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There was not very good agreement in the 12z GFS, EURO, and CMC runs with the low-level jet strength. The GFS is the most concerning for Saturday and has had better consistency the last few runs. The ACC and CMA lean towards the GFS.

JPWX

Reaction score
Current line of thinking is that GFS/Euro is not handling moisture advection per the norm.

Anyone else agree. If not, what is the limiting factor?
Hey dude. Message me. Would love to know your thoughts. But yeah. The bulk shear on the 12z Euro is insanely strong.

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In reading afternoon discussion from MEG, they don't seem impressed. However, that's nothing new with them.
Just sounds bland to me. They didn’t say smornings afd sounds more interesting which think it will
Is the GFS the slower model solution than the Euro/CMC?
euro has been the slowest….latest gfs has slowed some .gfs could be caving to the euro

Reaction score
Yeah. LOL! I'm sure Reed is a great guy and he's done a phenomenal job over the years, but he hypes too much.
Reed is definitely my hype man and helps motivate me for a big storm chase. Met him on multiple occasions in the middle of tornado warned storms. He was as nice as he could be and seemed genuinely interested in my analysis or what I had to say. Yea he makes some outrageous and bold claims sometimes, but nobody dedicates their life to this stuff like he does. He overhypes some things but generally he knows what he's talking about and is extremely intelligent.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Reed is definitely my hype man and helps motivate me for a big storm chase. Met him on multiple occasions in the middle of tornado warned storms. He was as nice as he could be and seemed genuinely interested in my analysis or what I had to say. Yea he makes some outrageous and bold claims sometimes, but nobody dedicates their life to this stuff like he does. He overhypes some things but generally he knows what he's talking about and is extremely intelligent.

Reed is beast. His hype comes from his motto never stop chasing and to dominate. It’s his life job and his motivation gets him on tornadoes that no one else is on and I enjoy watching his live streams and high definition videos. I wish I was in his seat many times LOL. Hope to see you out there soon. This could be an active event for MS!

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Back