• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Winter Weather Mischief 12/8-12/10

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Well it looks like we have a little bit of an interesting storm signal for the region next weekend into early the following week. Models have hung onto the ideal of a coastal low for quite some time, but the Euro is really ratcheting up the threat with some optimal temperatures on the 12z run today. We'll want to keep a close eye on this one..

1543795822226.png

Gail

Reaction score
That needs to move down to include Columbus. Not until the 9th though. My daughter has a ballet recital on the 8th.

Kory

Reaction score
Definitely looking intriguing come Monday. Nice deformation band with very strong cold air advection. Surface temps are questionable, but it is VERY cold aloft. Keep an eye if you're in North/Central AL, TN, and North/Central GA.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS keeps going back and forth on it. 12z run today shows Atlanta with about an inch. A run yesterday showed nothing.

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Does anyone have a ECMWF site with winter parameters (snowfall forecasts) that are "Free"?

Thanks..Tim

Michael

Reaction score
Haven't been by in a while.. figured I'd stop by and see what everyone thoughts were for the weekend? Sure seems like tonight's NAM run has a much more realistic handle on temps/dews with the CAD than the other models for sure. Anxious to see how the runs evolve over the next 24-36 hours.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I love the topic title!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Big flakes falling here. Beautiful snow shower. It’s trying to stick.

Back