• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Winter 2020/2021

Do you think this winter is going to continue the crazyness of 2020 or do we finally break free?

• Total voters

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We've got maybe three inches at the most. I'm skeptical that we'll get much tomorrow but we'll see.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
GFS showing classic Low coming up from the gulf and riding the east coast this weekend into next week. Spann teased it but said don’t believe the hype. Something to watch.

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently 21 and very windy. Whiteout conditions at times. No clue how much snow we got last night as it's blown around too much. Probably 2-3". Still snowing some and will be all day I'd imagine based on the flow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Currently 21 and very windy. Whiteout conditions at times. No clue how much snow we got last night as it's blown around too much. Probably 2-3". Still snowing some and will be all day I'd imagine based on the flow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Hope north GA cashes in next Tuesday/Wednesday. Plenty of cold air in place when the moisture arrives. Post some pics when you can.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Way out there but the weekend of 2/13 is looking interesting for the SE. It’ll probably end up being 65 and sunny but Spann was mentioning the ensembles had members showing snow as well.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So...am I the only one seeing single digit temperatures for Atlanta on the models for 2/14 on both the Euro and GFS? Sure, it's 231 hours out, but for two models to be in agreement...it'll be COLD!

Joe

Reaction score
I think A lot of South Carolina will get snow/ ice/ sleet next weekend(12-14). It looks like the systems are shaping up for snow/ ice for the deep south. What do the experts think. I live in Lexington SC.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Quite a few ice pellets now south of Decatur, GA. I was taking a 3 mile walk and the ice was hard and sharp!

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Brad Travis talking about a burst of snow dusting a lot of the Tennessee Valley tonight.
Interesting so we could wake up to snow in the morning. I hope not.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
Interesting so we could wake up to snow in the morning. I hope not.
I didn’t stay up late but I’m not sure I heard anything other than rain all night. 2 guarantees for SE snow.
1) if your hoping that cold air meets the moisture behind a clipper or front then 9/10 you’re gonna be disappointed.

2) If you get the classic low coming up through the gulf with overrunning moisture then you’re gonna get a good snow dump. This is especially true from a Tupelo to Fayetteville, TN, to Knoxville line. Due to typical Low paths areas from Cullman to Guntersville to the Cumberland Plateau in North Georiga tend to hit the sweet spot.

akt1985

Reaction score
It looks like the ice storm will stay north of Alabama and stay mainly over Kentucky and northwest Tennessee on Thursday and Friday. Still, the stationary front will cause quite the temperature gradient driving on I-65 north between Huntsville and Bowling Green.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
GFS is calling for single digit lows early next week. It hasn't been that cold in years. Wonder if this will come to fruition?

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Where? I'm not seeing any single digits in the southeast on the latest GFS run.

Back